1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm guessing Pizza_Da_Hut has one so I think that blows out your theory.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is that picture fake, or what they thought it was going to look like? It looks like the screen goes to the edge.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Was with a friends friend earlier today who had a super old LG phone that was about to take the pooper. She convinced herself to purchase the 5S over the 6 because it was slightly shorter. I told her she'll regret it in a few months...oh well...

If it was you, would you purchase the 5S or 6?

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went with the 5S

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

iPhone 6.

Three more years and the iPhone 5S won't be able to update the next iOS.

6. Major

Major Member

Unless you plan to use Apple Pay (which I think will go nowhere) or really want a bigger screen, I don't think there's much disadvantage to the 5S. It's cheaper and plenty fast for the foreseeable future.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In less time than that there will be a new iPhone that will correct all the problems that the 6 has and advance the technology even more.

People who stick with (or decide to still get) the 5S are valuing the compact size of the phone which is still able to do all the major features that were a big upgrade from the 4 and 5 (touch ID, LTE, retina).

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Apple Wallet never took off..maybe NFC will help Pay to advance?

Or humans like their habit of swiping cards?

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

I meant Passport. Wallet is Microsoft I think.

10. Major

Major Member

Having dealt with this from the merchant side, I have learned that people just don't feel the need to pay for things with their phone. The best description I've heard of mobile pay in general is that it solves a problem that doesn't exist. Taking out your card and swiping it or giving it to the cashier is just not a hassle in most people's minds.

Apple Pay, especially, is kind of annoying from a merchant standpoint because it only works for iPhone users. So then do you also get an Android Payment system? Or do you only support it for 30-40% of the population (or much less for now, since most people will have older iPhones)?

It's just too much hassle for a merchant without a lot of reward, especially assuming Apple is taking a little cut of every transaction - I'm not going to lose any business by not accepting mobile payment solutions.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

you mean Passbook? Passbook was just a container for coupons, tickets, gift certificates, etc for other apps to deposit into.

I don't think they've ever really tried any kind of payment system IIRC, especially not something NFC based.

1 person likes this.
  12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y0-3fIs2jQs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why did they bend them backwards? I think all of the bent phones had the screen on the small side.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think the problem that exists is the wallet. If I can carry all that information in my phone and use it most everywhere then I welcome it. As soon as there's a digital driver's license then this will be huge.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Well the problem is battery.
    I don't have to worry about my license dying on me at the TSA check in area..

16. Major

Major Member

In addition to the battery issue mentioned, I think people lose and/or break their phones too much. Wallets don't break, and I think they generally get lost less because they are used much less. I think some people would adopt the phone-as-wallet idea, but a lot would be really hesitant.

17. val_modus

val_modus Member

so... why is there still not a shatter-proof/water-proof iPhone even though the technology is there?

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I just checked my upgrade eligibility on Best Buy's website and it said that I'm eligible for an early upgrade with Verizon Edge, but I'm not seeing that as an option on the Verizon website. My two year contract isn't up until January.

Anyone know exactly how Edge works as far as eligibility for current customers under contract? I know how the plan works otherwise.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What's the current wait on iPhone 6 +?

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I was at the mall earlier today, and I still saw a line at the apple store at memorial city.

Results may vary where you are at though.