1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've been case less for 2+ years. When I upgraded last time on the first major drop it developed a charging issue. The store switched me out for a new one. I've dropped the new one a bazillion times. Almost daily it seems. Not a single problem. I'm kind of shocked really. It takes a serious licking but keeps on ticking.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lol I'm bitter because I dropped one in the parking last weekend and it cracked. There are businesses cropping up locally devoted to fixing them. (Sure this is not news but just goes to show the epidemic!)

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Earnings numbers today show record sales for iPhone (and ipad) last quarter. If the 'bigger screen' is holding back iphone as much as some claim, then that + China might make for some crazy numbers a year from now.

Businesses are cropping up for smartphone repair in general. A side effect of the shift to touchscreen phones, I suppose.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've never dropped my phone.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

I've never smashed my phone or iPad. I know someone that has smashed two iPads and their phone though. It's probably a case of luck vs how much care you take with them I guess.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's probably a lot luck. I've had a good run, knock on wood.

But I also paid extra for the protection plan that gives you two replacements I think. The one time I did have a problem last year, they said it was their fault, so wasn't one of my replacements. So I still have 2 replacements.

Probably cheaper to just get it repaired at one of the new pop up shops, but I have young kids and fully expected/expect one of them to throw it in a cup or something, so needed the full replacement.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't have a case on my nokia, I've drop kicked that thing and nothing has happened to it. You can build a stylish phone that is also super durable, and as long as apple wants to copy the nokia 520 color schemed phones (iPhone 5c) why not also copy the ability to withstand almost anything done to it? I might switch back to iOS if they did that.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The moto x is running on midrange hardware. I would bet money that the nexus 5 ESPECIALLY RUNNING IN ANDROID RUN TIME(ART) is the smoothest mainstream mobile operating system/hardware combo experience on the market. If you have evidence otherwise please post evidence. At worst the difference is so negligible between ios, android and windows that it doesn't matter. If that's the case the versatility of the android operating system trumps them all.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vZjurCN521U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted video evidence that the nexus 5 is as smooth or even smoother than the iphone 5s. He doesn't even have ART enabled on the nexus 5 which dramatically improves performance in apps such as chrome and facebook or any java coded apps.

If you can provide evidence to the contrary please go ahead otherwise you can shut it with your bull.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Sold my Nexus 5. Considering I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to actually building AOSP roms from the ground up, OKAY. Some of you have forgotten who I used to be in the Android world lol.

Though I will agree with the ART part. Once that is default, it will be smoother than iOS on a consistent basis. Windows Phone? I'm not sure but my Nokia Lumia 520 runs better than even high end phones like the GS4 and LG G2.

Preferably, I'd prefer if you didn't reply. I value your defensive opinion on Android though. We shall see in the years to come. Oh, and don't get me wrong, I don't own an iPhone or anything.

#69 Scionxa, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wanted my next phone to be a Windows phone because from what I've seen, I love the interface, but the spotty app support is what's killing it for me.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I had a Windows Phone previously and the app support made me hate it. The main apps are getting there, but the less popular apps that would be useful on a personal basis to you are not there.

The OS looked cool but is very limited. The lack of notification center was shocking. I couldn't stand the limitations so I ended up getting a 5S. I tried the HTC One for a couple days but couldn't get into it. I didn't like the theme and the screen was too big. If Android had a legit phone with a smaller screen I would have considered it more. I didn't know about the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact at the time but I may have waited to see how it is before purchasing a phone.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Note 3 (rooted) > all

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Note 3 with Temasek's CM11 ROM > All.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm getting an iPhone.
    Don't hate me guys.

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Same here. I see what MS is trying to do but the execution at this time is fairly poor. They have the best chance of creating synergy amongst all their devices but it seems like Google is really getting in their way. There just isn't enough official app support for me to be able to switch over from Android to Windows phone.

I'm entrenched in the google eco system and I could easily make the switch to iOS if need be but could never make the switch to Windows phone.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

ya google refuses to work with microsoft. in fact they seem to be busy making chrome OS instead of an official youtube app.

17. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7F4zd_NT7gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;) :p

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

My boy Omega knows what's up. Lol I was just messing around.

You still on a N5 ?

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i wa effing around also. and... yessir... still using the n5. gave the moto x away a few weeks ago (was just sitting here gathering dust). really dug the size of it. but won't litter this iphone thread with anymore android posts. someone outta start a 2014 smartphone thread like last year.

#79 OmegaSupreme, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Gonna be time to think about my next phone soon. Had my for 2 years brah, time to replace.