1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Note 3 bend test. Surprising results

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FwM4ypi3at0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks for this.

I've been planning on bending my phone for a while.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Just don't wear skinny jeans and you should be fine ;)

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

So umm is apple going to do a recall for the bendable pluses?

5. Cranberry_Juice

It would be cheaper to give customers 100 dollars and tell them to buy a real man's pair of jeans.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The video is fairly pointless. Phone is already bent before he starts and dude applies as much force as he can trying to break it. Not exactly breaking news.

The real question is whether or not the phone can bend from just being in the pocket. I'd imagine with as many phones that are out there in the world we'll hear about that fairly soon if true. There were also some people who claimed their 5/5s did this in previous years so we may be looking at a specific issue with a few phones or something rather isolated, just like those reports.

At this point this is more fanboy fodder than anything else. Could change, we'll see.

This whole thing is literally coming from like 7 (and 4 of those have pictures) posts on a forum called macrumors. One of those is most likely fake (the pic ign picked up, the dude tried to claim that happened from 'lightly' bumping into someone). At this point there isn't a whole lot to go on yet.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is a non-issue for me. If the phone is in your pocket in such a way for it to bend, it would be extremely uncomfortable and you would address that.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You have to idiot proof everything in this no common sense society.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I can see this is a problem for men since they dont carry purses.
    Either way, I think Ill stick to my iphone 5s for a while.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Was thinking about getting a plus but from everything I've read/heard its too big and this bending thing is crazy. Might just get a new 6 when my 5 gets more beat to hell (its in surprisingly good condition for never having a case on it).

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

The phone should not bend in your pocket. The bend test seems a little extreme. I am not an Iphone user but I would think if you had a strong case then you should be ok.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

May be a good idea to upgrade now and take advantage of your current phone's trade in/resell value before it gets beat to hell. That's if you're eligible for an upgrade of course.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't understand how it's bending along the horizontal....are people putting phones in their back pockets and sitting on them? I would think if it's in your front pocket and you're sitting down it would bend along the vertical plan more than the horizontal plane.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You'd be surprised how stupid people can be.

I've read some pretty hilarious depositions.

15. steddinotayto

Please share :grin:

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

17. steddinotayto

Geez....I guess Apple will issue out free bumpers for this?

It's a shame because it's such a nice looking phone. Aa guy at Bar Munich this weekend had the Plus and I got a chance to hold it and its pretty awesome.

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Good point but im probably just going to pass my 5 down to a friend or family member though when I upgrade.

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

widgets in ios 8 appear disappointing. I haven't seen one that sits on the homescreen. They seem to all be in the notification bar which to me isn't really a widget. Just seems more like rich notifications

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did the bend problem become notable because some users actually had it bend while in their pockets? I assume that wasn't a 6 plus as that wouldn't fit in a pocket...would it? I don't get the point of people purposefully trying to bend the phone to get it to bend. It's either a real world scenario or it's not. Nobody is going to sit around purposefully trying to bend their phone unless they're an idiot.