1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Apple playing catch up in the phablet market? Former iPhone user here. Switched to a Note 2 and never looked back. Recently played with my nieces' brand new high tech iPhone 5 and couldn't believe how tiny the screen is. The screen resolution was impressive but for my purposes, my Note 2 does just fine.

#41 vaioavan63, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was more than one RAZR. http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_v3x-1120.php

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you don't know about kitkat?

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

For Apple to make that shift? They sell more phones than anyone in the world, it doesn't seem unreasonable that a place like CNBC would have a particular interest in it.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If it is 4.5", I'm coppin it

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Not really on topic but I was checking out my Moms iphone 5s yesterday. It's not the phone for me but they really are pretty phones. It's too bad they get shoved into glittery cases.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, I'll be eagerly awaiting CNBC's breaking news banner when Ford releases their next F-150. :grin:

8. Coach AI

I'd imagine if the F-150 had a design change it might get a mention....or if Ford sold 50 million of them in a quarter. :)

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Apple comes out with an all metal body answer to the Note, game over. I would have bought a NOTE, but I'm tired of Samsung's love of plastic on premium devices. I just got an HTC One, coming from a SGIII. Nice metal body.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

with every android release..people just make it out to be the version that will put it on par with iOS. jelly belly solves all issues! no kit kat!

blame that on the paranoia created by case companies. honestly (ignoring drops), cases do more damage in terms of scratches thanks to all the dust and junk that builds up in between.

had a slider case on the 3gs and 4..but decided to go bare with the 5S.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Until...u drop it and crack the screen..lol. Now, it is fairly easy to replace that screen. You are going to pay $75-$100 for the screen if you do it yourself, or $150 at the apples store.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Nexus line and pure stock android is very much "on par" with the iPhone and iOS IMO.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Give it up, my man, you can't justify CNBC's lunacy when it comes to Apple. They jockride whatever is the hottest at the moment. You also should follow the F-150 more... it's had bigger changes than "screen size" to call breaking news. Eco-boost V6's. I don't recall any "breaking news" banners for that. lol.

Hey I heard Charmin is changing the pattern on their toilet paper and they sell millions of them! By your definition that qualifies as breaking news! Give me a break. :grin:

But hey, Samsung produces far more phones than Apple. We'll see what kind of "breaking news" banner they get when the Galaxy S5 comes out with possibly new features. Of course, the rumors about it have been out for months, but I've seen no "breaking news" banner. :grin:

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I went from a Droid X (2.3) straight to an S3 with Jelly Beans. I was also recently given an Ipad 1.

Im not really into all of this watered down consumer electronics stuff. If it doesn't have a physical keyboard, mouse, ethernet port and usb port, its not an ideal device for me.

That said, I am not overly impressed with IOS. Jelly Beans is just as good. If you're grandma who needs a simple touch and point solution, its a great product.

For those of us who need more intuitive solutions, Android is a better OS.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wtf are you talking about bro? After jellybean almost it's been widely considered by any major tech block that android is on par or ahead of ios.

At this point there is no question that the nexus 5 with kitkat is a faster and smoother device than the iphone 5s. There are plenty of comparison videos of the two. You are living in the past my friend.

16. Coach AI

Are you talking about the fact that it was mentioned, or the 'breaking news' part? I guess I could I can see the breaking news angle, though I don't know what's par for the course in that regard for CNBC. (I'm pretty sure I've seen Twitter 'breaking news' there before). Other than that, all of those things - apple's new iphone changes, Samsung's S5 launch, even Ford changing the F-150 - seem pretty much in line with what CNBC would be reporting.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I agree with this. I own a galaxy, but I absolutely love my ipad mini. It's like a handheld plus everything else I need that I'm too lazy to access on a computer.

It totally pwns the hacked up touchpad that's gathering dust.

Intuitive isn't the right word you're looking for...

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The "breaking news" banner on the masthead of their website is what cracked me up. No doubt it's news, well, actually, I guess it's "rumor" more than news, but to act like some head of state just died was comical. Apple's earnings news made it to the breaking news banner today - that I can understand. If Apple decided to buy Tesla, ok, that's breaking news. But geez, a rumor of a 4.5" screen as if it's something earth-shattering?

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Lol @ people saying Android is just as fast as iOS. I make this statement as a former Android fanboy.

Oh, and yes I own a modern device running KitKat. Moto X. It's easily the fastest version of Android to date, but it still stutters in certain areas of the OS.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is as smooth as Windows Phone.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

As long as the screen still breaks if you give it a dirty look who gives a ****?