1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ok, thanks, will do that.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Do this, go to UPS.com and track by reference. Enter your full cell area code etc no spaces. Just found my shipment that way. Mine is in Kentucky, delivery 9/19. Apple has not sent me a shipping email just shows my order processing.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

My status initially said it would be here on the 19th. Now it's saying "Preorder Processing Expected Ship Date: Pending Confirmation".

???

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

Is IOs8 on the iPhone 4 too?

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Mine has been saying that all week but just got my tracking number this morning! Will get it tomorrow before 3PM! can't wait!

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Still can't decide between the 6 and the Plus.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Nope.

I'm pretty bummed that they didn't include Apple Pay on the 5S. I was really looking forward to that.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If you want ordered via AT&T and want to check your status and haven't received an email yet, you can call call their order status number and enter either your cell or order number. It will give you a tracking number to Fedex and you can track the package that way. I haven't received an email but mine shipped on 9/13..

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

but iphone 5s doesnt have nfc...

11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I went back & forth too. Ultimately, went with the plus, yeah its huge but we use our phones so much for pics & vids I wanted bigger and had considered bigger phones for awhile, so we dived in the deep end.

Also, I think the plus will replace my iPad, which is fine with me, I had considered a mini, but this might be the first step to getting to one device. Just ridiculous to put it up to my ear. But maybe a few weeks we'll all get used to it.
    Or can always return it - if it's just ridiculous.

Just my two cents.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Oh ok. Always thought the technology was there but it was never being utilized for whatever reason.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Really? I thought it would be. That sucks.

Started the download through itunes because I don't want to have to delete 1/2 of what I have on my phone. Only saying 19 hours.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Another alternative would possibly be in the form of a card that ties in all your credit and debit cards. Similar to google wallet. you get a Visa/mastercard backed card that you use basically like a gift card that pulls funds from your CC or your debit/bank account. you control how much is on there and if the card ever gets hacked, stolen, you don't have to cancel all your bank, debit cards. you just deactivate the google/apple card from your phone or website.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

AT&T sent me an email for an update on my order. I was all excited thinking that I was getting my phone sooner, but no it was just another confirmation that they're preparing to ship my phone in October. Those bastahds

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Similar to the coin card?

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/11/new-coin-card-all-your-credit-cards-in-one-but-will-it-work/

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Except the google wallet card doesn't keep your other cards info on it. It acts as it's own debit card and is accepted wherever visa/mastercard is accepted. The only annoying part is that you have to fill up the card before you can use it but it's quick and nearly instant. So you can get your dinner bill, and then use your phone to add the funds. It's pretty much instant and then use the google wallet card to pay your meal. Comes in handy for online orders with websites you don't feel too comfortable with or when paying at restaurants where the card leaves your possession where you can't see it. At the gas pump where you're afraid of CC skimmers. The part that makes it somewhat secure is that if they stole the CC number they can only take what's on the google debit card and not withdraw from your bank or CC. Plus if you lose the card you can deactivate w/o having to cancel with your banks and having to get new cards and then having to go update all your autopays or numerous account information.

1 person likes this.
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Oh damn that sucks. I got my tracking number this morning. Shipping overnight and delivery by 3 PM tomorrow

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

got confirmation that my 6 comes in tomorrow!!! Waited too long to finally upgrade from the 4s

20. Cranberry_Juice

I checked the fed ex website and they changed it from 3 to 8. It maybe due it being sent to a residence and not a business.