1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo, the ball movement stopper???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farhan007, Dec 18, 2003.

1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Mo taylor is the most one-sided player i have ever layed eyes on. When he gets the ball, the word pass never gets in his head. All he does is Iso. The ball movement just completly stops when he has it. Even when doubled or trippled he still tries to put up a shot!!! Though i admit he is a good shooter from midrange. Mo needs an iso play to be effective. What else is he good for??

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I dont mind him shooting the ball if he keeps shooting 50 %

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This is not groundbreaking news. No one ever explained to him that assists are a good stat to rack up high numbers in. But like HeyDude said...keep shooting 50% and I can over look calling him a blackhole. I used to think Cuttino was bad...Mo is ten times worse.

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I dont mind players taking shots. But i HATE turnovers. Sometimes, some Rockets overpass when they have a decent shot and turn it over. At least Mo will put him up a jumper. There is definitely a chance it will put points on the board at least. ;)

5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That extra pass could help :D

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

have you stopped to consider that just maybe there are some plays that are called for him to shoot? He is one of the more consistent shooters on the florr when he is in, since he is more often than not in with the second unit.
    and also, I have seen him pass, so dont act like he doesnt even think about it...it has happened..

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know what they're saying in the huddle, but I get the feeling that JVG is asking Mo to do some isos at the parts of the game when we don't seem him ever passing the ball out. That would be in response to the defenses overplaying on Yao and Steve and not sufficiently respecting other scorers on the floor. Mo can score well when he's being disrespected and he can eventually force defenses to loosen up on other players to stop him, making things easier for teammates.

8. Toast

Toast Member

Hey, remember this call:
    Barkley's backin' it down, backin' it down, backin' it down, backin' it down ...

At the end, either they would double him & he'd kick it out or they wouldn't & he'd put it up.

Mo doesn't get all day to back it down like Charles did, but he's gonna post up. If he doesn't draw a double, I love his little baby hook. No shame in turning to the center of the lane and putting up that baby hook. I say shoot it all day 'til they stop it Mo.

9. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not much on MoT. But if he is in the game, I have to hope it is to shoot. He does not bring much else to the table.

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Farhan,
    I was thiunking the same thing. I also notice that Mo never runs back on defense. His man beats him down the court about 90% of the time. Mo seems to be in 3rd gear except when he does his little spin to shoot. Come to think about it, I don't think I have seen Mo dive for a ball yet.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Maybe if we painted it to look like a donut he would dive for it ;)

12. SLA

SLA Member

I always see Jeff Van Gundy like saying PASS to Mo Taylor..a lot..very often..Jeff is like saying PASS IT TO YAO! Or like Piatkowski was WIDE OPEN, WIDE OPEN. And Taylor just nods..he knows.. :/

But I like Taylor. He's a good backup power forward. But Cato man.. Taylor has been doing good