1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLIA - the new FML?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCII, May 23, 2009.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

MLIA stands for My Life is Average. http://new.mylifeisaverage.com/index.php

It's like FML except it details how mediocre and average our lives are instead of how ****ed up it is. The dry and matter-of-fact humor really cracks me up. There's such gems as:

Today, I woke up with Hugh Jackman on top of me. Turns out my Wolverine poster fell down in the middle of the night. MLIA

Today, I drank Kool-Aid. A giant pitcher of juice did not break into my home. MLIA.

imo its funnier than FML because it's more relatable.

2. Fatty FatBastard

Why would anyone want their life to be average?

Life is more fun as a rollercoaster, IMO.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"There is no normal life Wyatt, just life."

4. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Today, I tried to type a reply on the ClutchFans message board. Then I did. MLIA

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

lol... rep for the laugh

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Damn you hip kids! Where did the "F my life" stuff start up. I heard a couple of people say it over the last few weeks and didn't know where it originated.

Oh and I still don't tweet.

8. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Today I won a million dollars, but I closed out of the pop-up anyway. MLIA

9. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Today, I got a 75 on my math midterm. The mean was a 75. MLIA

Today, I had to choose between a strawberry flavored Dum Dum and a mystery flavored Dum Dum. I decided to be adventurous and choose the mystery flavor; it was strawberry flavored. MLIA

Today I installed a program and it asked if I had read and agreed to the terms and conditions. I hadn't, but I clicked 'yes' anyway. The program didn't know I lied, and began to install. MLIA.

Today my girlfriend called and said she was breaking up with me, but then she came out of the tunnel. Her connection was much better. MyLifeIsAverage

10. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I laughed once in three pages and felt like I wasted five minutes of my life. The OP sucks and MLIA.

11. brooksstephens

I'm pretty sure the movie "Superbad" coined the phrase when the janitor guy at the liquor store(I still can't figure out why a liquor store needs a janitor) had to clean up the spill that mcLovin made and said "***** my life." Then a few people started saying it and then someone else made a website where people can go to feel sorry for themselves.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never saw Superbad.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The FML site jumped the shark the same week i went up. Too many clowns completely making up ridiculous crap up just to post it.

MLIA is pretty funny so long as the poster's clever, but that's going to mean a .005 batting average.

I like the Kool Aid one.