1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MLB] Milton Bradley=Not a Good Guy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by justtxyank, Aug 27, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4423669

Wowza...

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you all that the Cubs suck.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think he feels like most normal people feel about going to work.

4. justtxyank

Talk about a horrible signing. Why would anyone ever give that guy serious money? He's a major malcontent and has problems EVERYWHERE he goes. He's like 10 times worse than TO.

5. justtxyank

Most normal people aren't paid millions of dollars to compete hard and try to win.

6. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

all normal people do not have his skill set.

I also regret that there are idiots in the world, worst yet they are breeding.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Not sure how big of a shocker this is, I mean I thought it was common knowledge that Bradley is kind of prick, I don't even follow baseball that much and kind of knew that.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The Bradley Effect couldn't have happened to a better team.

I remember watching his act with the Indians. Once an idiot, always an idiot.

9. justtxyank

Absolutely correct. But most people who have jobs in competitive environments end up unemployed if they have the "just want to show up, do the minimum, and go home" attitude.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

haha what a moron. he was being booed by cubs fans earlier in the year, and he'll never be able to live down tearing his ACL while being restrained by his own coach or catching the ball with only 2 outs and throwing the ball in the stands.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I also regret the idiots of the world

nothing wrong in him saying that.

while saying playing just a 9 inning game seems douchey it would be equivalent for one of us to do overtime and not get paid for it. I dont know if its a "just show up" attitude but maybe more of a greedy "i am not getting paid extra for this so why play" type deal. I think a lot of us would be pissed if we were forced to work OT unpaid

12. justtxyank

LOL

Nice rationalization.

He gets paid millions with the understanding that games can go into extra innings.

13. TheBigAristotle

Milton Bradley should not have his gene pool continued or passed down from this point on.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[/THREAD]

:D

Bradley sucks and was overpaid, no doubt. All the same, if I were a Cubs fan I would NEVER let Soriano hear the end of it. He's the real joke on that team. Could it be anymore obvious why he's drastically declining? That team is full of cheaters.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

In high school, we had a saying about guys like Milton Bradley:

"He is either going to kill someone or get himself killed."

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes I know but I'm pretty sure more than half of Professional sports players feel this way. All he said is he doesn't want a game to go extra innings. Not sure what the big deal is.

Not like he said he would rather lose in 9 innings than win in extra innings.

1 person likes this.
  17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Didn't he say the 9 inning remark to mean he wanted to get away from hostile fans as soon as possible?

You're presenting his words in a way they weren't intended.

The way he meant it: The chicago fans are rough (cry me a river) and I want to get away from them as soon as possible.

They way you want us to read it: I want the game to be over as soon as possible because I'm lazy.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

still everyone gets paid accordingly to the services they can provide.

I do not get paid millions at my job (wish I did) but I did sign on with the understanding that there would sometimes be the need for me to work OT. I even get paid to work the OT but doesnt mean I like it.

Thats what I took his quote to be, if I can get paid 1 million to play 9 innings who wouldnt want to play just 9 if possible? I am sure it would be different if somehow the players got paid by the inning instead of game.

Sometimes y'all put way too much stock into what professional athletes say, we all know the majority of them aren't always gifted in the area of intelligence and everyone is quick to blame them "since they make millions for playing a sport" that they arent just people too.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[Artie Lang] WAAAAAAAAAAAH! [/Artie Lang]

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eh, I always liked Coco Crisp better as far as MLB outfielders whose names sound like brand names go.