1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MLB] Andy Pettitte hangs em up

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by justtxyank, Feb 3, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Farewell Dandy Andy.

Michael Kay just reported that Andy Pettitte is calling it a career.

2. YaosDirtyStache

I guess you could say...

He ran out of Juice.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He was about as solid a pitcher as a team could hope for. HOF is debatable. He'll get votes strictly because he played most of his career with the Yankees. When he was an Astro and healthy, he was a huge part of the success in the mid-2000's.

At least he finally gets to live up to the "I just want to be close to my family" thing for real.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Most post-season wins at 19, 203 career wins, and 3rd all-time wins for Yankees.

maybe maybe no

5. leroy

240 wins total...203 w/ the Yankees

6. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Sucks for the Yankees (they'll win 95-100 games anyways)

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

maybe he'll misremember.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

All good things have to come to an end...

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I still say he tainted the Astros run to the World Series...along with Roger. My understanding is the only time he "juiced" was to recover from an injury he suffered while pitching for the Astros.

I know people have told me the Astros' World Series year isn't tainted over this...but I do believe it is and will always feel that way.

I guess I'm supposed to overlook it as they voluntarily came to pitch for their hometown with intentions of winning one for Houston. But, I just can't see it that way. Or, I won't see it that way. I guess I'm all alone in this line of thinking. I guess it is because I thought we were getting players who played the game the right way and were honest in their approaches.

10. leroy

Yes. Yes, you are.

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Wow, you sure are uncertain about the whole thing.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I hear ya BUT I waited a long time for that WS trip...needles up someone's A$$ isn't going to taint anything. ;)

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No, I'm not. You just twisted it that way. I was speaking in a context knowing most fans don't see it as tainted.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I see the World Series appearance as a little blemished but not tainted. Considering that everyone else in baseball was cheating too. Astros beat other cheaters to get to the WS

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

A buddy of mine texted me about this a few minutes ago. I actually had to stop and think about why that fact was text-worthy. I had forgotten he didn't play last year.

As much as I dislike the Yankees, I hope it goes well. I hate seeing guys make comebacks only to find out they should have stayed retired.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Go Yankees! The rich get richer. Prepare to starve this season, you peasants.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

It's stupid that if you half admit using steroids, nobody seems to care, nobody probes into what we all know you really did, but if you deny using it to your grave, you are burned at the stake. It made me sick that Pettite and A-Rod get away with their BS stories and the press lets them off the hook. I think I'm more mad at the press than anything for giving them a break. Dig out the truth and bury Pettite and A-Rod. That's what really dissapointed me about the whole steroids era.