1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ Out for Rest of Season...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DCkid, Apr 3, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Well, it was pretty fun while it lasted. I just moved to the DC area this summer and have really become a Wizards fan over the course of the season. They really didn't do too bad considering they played nearly half of their games without either MJ or Rip in the lineup. Stupid injuries really screwed up both my teams this year. :mad: But I guess that's the way it goes. I have a feeling that the Wizards may make a pretty big deal on draft night to get Jason Williams, and it would most likely include Kwame Brown. Just a hunch.

It remains to be seen whether MJ will play again next year. I almost positive he's going to try, but I doubt he'd be able to last very long with his knees.

Oh well, since the Wizards are pretty much out of the playoff race, GO RAPTORS!!! Give the Rockets that 14th pick!!

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

He should've never come back. Yes, it's great that he gave the pathetic Wizards a "winning attitude." But they won't make the playoffs and they won't next year either. Big mistake, Mike.

5. lpbman

lpbman Member

why was it a big mistake?
    This man is living his own life, who the hell are you to tell Jordan what he should do.
    What has he lost? His knees are a swollen and he can't play on them like he wants. Big surprise his body can't take a whole season after missing 3... I'm very sure he'll get farther into the season next year before having to do this all over again lol.

I believe the man loves to play basketball... why else would he play? If he's happy he'll play next year, if he's not he won't. What's the problem?

6. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I realize it was his decision and I respect that. However, I do believe that this will eventually stunt the Wizards' growth as a team in the long run. Overall, his minutes could've gone to developing Kwame or Courtney Alexander. And if he was really looking out for the Wizards franchise, he would've just let them play and grow as players. His comeback was a success in that the NBA profited so greatly because of television ratings and the fact that he sold out every arena they played on.