1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ isn't coming back...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Sep 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

2. Matador

Matador Member

That article doesn't mean he's not coming back. He hasn't decided yet.

Please don't post misleading titles. "MJ isn't coming back..." indicates he made his final decision which he hasn't yet done.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Matador trying to cut down on the bull!!! You go boy! :)

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Thats my opinion, and I have yet to see a Clutch BBS or netiquette rule that outlaws me from inserting it into the subject of a post. (how about these for misleading: http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21295 or http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20883

IN MY OPINION---the fact that Jordan is allowing nationally known writers such as Rick Telander, and that his agent is downplaying a return means that they're greasing the skids for him to tell us all no.

MJ is not returning.

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I hope he returns, that would really help my sim league Wizards. :D

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Funny how you pick the titles that takes shots at the Rockets! :) None of those are misleading, those were opinions. I don't think Rice is a good pick up, and the Rockets are the best at rebuilding. Maybe it's wrong, but it could be debated. You just right out said Michael Jordan isn't coming back. Not "I don't think Jordan is coming back". That's why they called you out. It doesn't matter to me really what the title is as long as it isn't ridiculous and misleading, but the titles of the threads you picked out didn't back up your point one bit gettinbranded.

#6 RocksMillenium, Sep 5, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2001
  7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

He's right, actually. There's no reason he can't post his opinion in a title.

Personally, I won't decide either way until the opening week of the season. You just can never tell what Jordan is going to do.

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Rokkit,

Test Time:

Two of the three let the reader know that it is the poster's opinion and the third doesn't.

<b>A</b><i>
    In my opinion.... MJ isn't coming back...
    </i>
    <b>B</b><i>
    I don't think MJ is coming back...
    </i>
    <b>C</b><i>
    MJ isn't coming back...
    </i>

Mango

#8 Mango, Sep 5, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2001
  9. Coach AI

Mango,

I find the best way to let people excercise their ability to think and rationalize is by not spoon-feeding them inferred information. All one has to do is glance at the article to get the idea.

But, if you want to go stick 'In my opinion' in front of every post, that's your business... :D

By the way, an English teacher would rap your knuckles for sentence B. :p

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I realized that I had an error and fixed it before seeing your post and my edit time supports that.

You have a spelling error, go fix it.

Mango

11. Coach AI

Nah, don't want to. Thx though. :D

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He is mortal, but I think he can still do amazing things. The article seemed to stress a new passing aspect to his game. He is good enough to come back and do well, the thing that gets me is he will have to play for the Wizards. You can put MJ in his prime on that team and they won't be better than Philly, Toronto, Miami, Orlando, or Milwaukee. He may have personal success but basketball is a team sport and the Wizards have a horrible team.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

All this speculation is killing the suspense. Come on Mike just say yes or no instead of trying to play it out 'til the beginning of the season.

14. rock

rock Member

RocksMillenium pretty much sums it up.

15. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

16. drpepper

drpepper Member

You're WRONG gettin'rammed! He is coming back.
    Check out sportingnews.com

P.S. Rice and Curry make for a tasty dish.;)

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Geez, why is everyone so anal today?

:rolleyes:

18. ScreamingRocketJet

Love your work gettingbranded....one of your best...

Mate, could you tip me a few horses...a few football games...:rolleyes:

19. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Funny how GB had a chance to become a more welcomed member of the bbs, but then chose the low road.

We appreciate the article, which was an excellent read, but RM and company were right - post a topic title that indicates it's your opinion and not news. Next, if you're wrong, admit it.

Simple, right?

You'd think so, which leaves me with two alternatives: GB is stupid, or he is a troll.

I don't think that you are stupid GB.

------

Back on topic - nobody expects Jordan to dominate with his atheleticism anymore. His strong points will be his intelligence, desire, and experience. Reading the game reports, it sounds like Jordan is competitive, even if not in game shape yet. I bet he'll be back unless he gets another serious injury.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I think its obvious that gb is a troll. he was low key for awhile, but before long it was one jab at the rockets after another. he never posts unless its 1. to tell us how great the bulls are getting...lol. or 2. to make fun of the rockets or their fans.
    I got sick of it and decided to give gb a taste of his own medicine and now i'm on his ignore list(gee, how sad:rolleyes: ) everyone on this board seems to just ignore him which is something i should've done, but oh well. GB seems very sensitive considering what a jerk he is at times. how does that saying go "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house"