1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitchell Report-Whose Name Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rocketman95, Dec 12, 2007.

1. tulexan

tulexan Member

Stern will just change the rules to prevent punishment for broken rules

2. Fatty FatBastard

I'm still trying to figure out how this report will prove anything? I've yet to see the details of how Mitchell came up with his results. Anyone have that?

BTW, Mitchell currently is a Director of the Red Sox. Who wants to place bets that ZERO Sox players will be on the report?

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tomorrow is going to be a very dark day for baseball.

btw where did Mitchell find all the names?

#43 WhoMikeJames, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Werd, there is a long piece on ESPN.com about this very subject.

5. Major

Major Member

ESPN's reporter says that "people who are hoping for big names are not going to be disappointed." This should be interesting.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So yeah, like Fatty said. Where did Mitchell get the names? How does everyone know they are legit? :confused:

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We cant forget about Brady Anderson, Jr now

(yeah you, Steve Finley)

8. tulexan

tulexan Member

I saw that too. He said that there are all stars, mvp's, and cy young winners on it.

I've got to think that Clemens, Pettitte, or both are on the list.

9. tulexan

tulexan Member

According to Mike and Mike, Clemens is named in the report.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I was halfway asleep this morning when they were talking about it on ESPN, but I believe that they said most of the information came from a baseball locker room attendant that became a steriod dealer.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

oh yeah i completely forgot about steve finley, but yes you are right he is/was the brady anderson jr.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I posted this in the other thread:

Wait!!! We're gonna learn today that pro athletes, in this case baseball players, used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs?? Seriously?? What a shocker!!! Let me catch my breath!!!

This report is a joke. A mention in this report is nothing but someone else tying a name to steroids....not any particular player testing positive nor any particular player admitting to steroid use.

Without a positive test, there will be no suspension. This report is without teeth.

In the end, it will be interesting for a short period of time regarding names in each city....and it may have Hall of Fame implications for a player....it may. But ultimately it tells us nothing more significantly than we already knew. It just colors in the lines on some details.

Baseball's revenues are at NFL revenue levels. It's beyond healthy. Ballparks are packed. The owners are making money big time. Baseball isn't going anywhere.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would be upset if Bagwell was on the list, but I would happy is Clemens was

14. MadMax

They don't know. They're largely from trainers and other guys around the game.

This is not a positive test. No one is going to suspended simply because they're named in a report. The report itself is instructive to the league...but has no teeth for enforcement of policy.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Breaking News: Clemens was just outed on Mike and Mike

16. MadMax

And I would be shocked if someone said they should keep him out of the Hall of Fame because of it.

Again...I'm not exactly sure what naming names in this report is supposed to accomplish. Particularly when it's for retired players.

17. tulexan

tulexan Member

They said several prominent Yankees will be named too.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All it does in my opinion is hurt. As a lifelong fan of the game and some of these players who will be no doubt named, this just hurts me as a fan. It does me no good. I don't understand why baseball felt the need to do this.

FWIW, if members of the Red Sox aren't named in this it will be a crime of epic proportions.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What does any of it accomplish - barry bonds, balco, the whole 9 yards.

20. MadMax

Again...it's not naming guys who tested positive. It's naming guys whose names have simply been linked to performance-enhancing drugs. That's it. That seems irresponsible to me...and borders on slander.