1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitchell Report-Whose Name Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rocketman95, Dec 12, 2007.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

From speaking over the years with players in professional baseball, expect to see a lot of Dominican players on the list

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

even though a-rod is a yankee, i wouldnt like to see him on the list. i want him to break the HR record without having any scandal like we do now with bonds.

#22 FlyerFanatic, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The friendship between Caminiti, Bagwell, and Biggio always made me concerned about Bags and Bigg using. They had to know Caminiti was taking heavy amounts of the stuff and with his success I imagine the curiosity would be there.

4. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I would hate to see Clemens and Pettite on the list. They are hometown boys and also gave us a few great years and memories with the 'Stros. I can't believe some of you haters wish otherwise.

Would also hate to see Bagwell, don't think Biggio has a chance to be on it.

5. vincentt

vincentt Member

uhh what is Mitchell Report just wondering

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Dude, whatever. Get off your high horse. If a player is on the list, then it's their fault their career is ruined, not ours. So what if you're human? If you break the rules and cheat, then I have zero sympathy for you when you get caught. :rolleyes:

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Really. I guess they don't realize it would make Houston's only World Series appearance illegitimate, considering it was those two and Oswalt who got them there.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Context clues tell me that it's a report of the names in baseball who juiced.

I wonder do they do this in football also? I think it would make more sense if they juice more in football than baseball..

9. BALLhog 247 365

frank thomas has always proclaimed to be a vocal opponent of steroids, but i wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on that report.

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Worse Case= Bidge. I don't see how but who knows.

Frank Thomas- Favorite non astro ever. Always been a big dude so I'm not to sure about him.

I'd hate to see bagwell on it but I'm kinda expecting it.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It depends on the players on the list. If Clemens is on the list watch out.

He'll get the Barry Bonds treatment since his career had the same type of importance to the game as Barry's did.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hoping a cheater is revealed is fine. Some people in here are hoping that guys are cheaters just because they don't like the uniform they wear. It makes no sense. Rooting for the baseball record book to be torn apart all so you can thumb your nose at guys who don't play for your team is ridiculous.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

dont act like yall wouldnt wanna see Brad Lidge on there

i definately wanna see McGwire

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I want arrogant big-headed Bonds to be the first name.... Just take his name out from the rest of the alphabetically-ordered list and in font 24, BARRY BONDS!

Freakin' arrogant big-head!

15. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

The only person I want to see on there is Adam Everett. Then the whole report would be in question :)

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

to put this in to perspective for me i just think that since known mvp award winners have admitted to it, then that means most of the players who are mvp caliber had/have to do it to give them a chance to compete

people who we will not see on the list
    david wells
    greg maddux
    jamie moyer
    carlos lee
    david eckstein
    greg zauhn

as far as astros related players who i think will be on the list
    ensberg, gonzalez, bagwell, biggio, clemens

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Pretty much the only person I'd hope to see on there is Pujols. That dude is just so freaking good he has to be cheating.

Bagwell wouldn't shock me, Biggio would hurt big time.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'd love to see pujols on there. schilling would be funny too.

i'd bet good money gonzo is on there and i suspect bagwell probably is as well.

biggio would be the absolute worst case scenario but it wouldn't shock me at all. no player in baseball would shock me for that matter.

i don't like roger clemens as a person but i'd rather him not be on there. he's one of the greatest players of all time and i'd like to keep someone from this era as good as him, legitimate.

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Bagwell is my favorite player of all-time, but I fully expect him to be on that list tomorrow. And it sucks. Very much so. I'm hoping and praying that I'm wrong.

Also, I've got two words for you: Brady Anderson.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

We need a Mitchell Report on NBA refs. It's not a coincidence when Dick Bavetta is refereeing the game, the Rockets -- especially Yao -- get screwed.