1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mistake] Best Buy Selling 52" HDTV for $9.99

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by limedeal, Aug 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Source?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Interesting because I only received a cancellation on 1 as well, not the other 2. The interesting part is you got two cancellations. Hmm.... What time did you order yours? Again I am just hoping people make a big enough deal about this so we get gift cards.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's obviously a scam. Here's the original posting:

Are you going to send $210 to a random person on hotmail? Don't even begin to think this was a legit deal. It's a price error.

Also, for the lolz
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxDVvzKDbhQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxDVvzKDbhQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

4:13. Yeah I mean either way, we weren't losing anything from this because we are guaranteed to get credited. whooooooo! loll

5. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

Yeah I got that an minute after it processed lol

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bait and switch.

Git yer lawyers ready for shodown.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Got my cancellation email, oh well was fun when it lasted

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Ok, so I checked my Order Status on BestBuy.com and I ordered 5 of the TVs. However, they have only canceled two of them.

I also just called Best Buy and the customer rep told me that they will be refunding me for the TV. I didn't give them my order # or anything so only thought I bought one TV. Will keep you guys updated on what happens. :D

1 person likes this.
  9. rudan

rudan Member

Its an obvious error, I don't get why people are all up in arms over it. It would be different if it was a small error, but a $1000 tv for $10 is too obvious. Heck, they even have on their website a discloser that states that any error in price will not be honored.
    :rolleyes:

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

The company made an error and everyone is jumping on it trying to take advantage of something that is completely unrealistic. I think this is a bit unethical.

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Best Buy could have had some really cheap national "feel good" press if they just gave ya'll the TVs..

On another note, someone told me BestBuy stopped their price match policy now that CC is no more.. Anyone else hear this too?

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just a little bit...

13. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I just recently bought a tv and BB price matched the same tv from frys.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wouldnt be surprised they were really picky about it in the first place

I would always have to call and ask a manager about a price match before going into best buy, not because circuit city or frys sold out it was just that best buy was a lot closer to me than either of those stores.

they hardly did, at least CC was good about their price match, their rules were simple enough and they always honored it along with the 10% of the difference

15. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

just got my cancelatiion email...too good to be true...i had already decided what part of my house i wann a gonna put it in...fack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear RICARDO,

There was a pricing error on the Samsung 52" LCD HDTV; as a result, your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged for this item. We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

Please note that while your credit card hasn't been charged for the cancelled item(s), the authorization for funds may still reserve available account funds. Authorizations for funds generally expire after 7 days, but some credit cards may keep them open for a full billing cycle. Please contact your credit card company with questions you may have on their process.

If you used a gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.

We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.

The Customer Care Team

so what does this mean??am i gettin my money back or do have to call my credit card company..

16. Jayou

Jayou Member

Yeah....they're going to keep your money so that you won't take advantage of them making a pricing mistake again!. :D

You're good, man. It's just legalese saying that your CC company may possibly be holding the $9.99 as being applied to your credit limit until the next time you get your bill. This almost never happens unless you have atrocious credit and have one of those credit cards for people with bad credit.

17. joesr

joesr Member

I was just asking a what if?

Any store, any item any price.

If a store has a shelf price different from the add price can they use the same loop wholes and not honor the price like seen here?

18. Prince

Prince Member

somebody's gonna get fired at BestBuy. :)

a friend of mind said that he also bought 3.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Hilarious. I hope those morons wasted $9.99 getting to Best Buy.