1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Missouri vs. Kansas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Looks like Mizzou will pull out the win even though the score is not as close as it indicates.

2. Lil Pun

Oh my, a freaking safety. Bye bye Kansas, it was fun while it lasted. :(

Mizzou vs. WVU for the title!!!

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

This is so awesome.

I remember growing up in Columbia Missouri, always going to the games, and every season we were like 5-7. Sometimes 6-6 though. Then there was Larry Smith, and Corby Jone who went to my high school. Good times. Then there was the void. Then Brad Smith. One of only three players in FBS history to rush for 1000+ and pass for 1000+ yards in a season. (Woody Dantzler, Clemson, and obviously the other one everyone here knows). Except we had crap defense. Finally! Out of Holiday Bowl hell. AWESOME!!!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Does Missouri play Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship? If so, even though they lost to Oklahoma once, my money is still on them to lose again. which would mean, what, West Virginia (if they beat Pitt) v. Ohio State?

5. Lil Pun

Yes, Missouri and Oklahoma will play for the Big XII title next weekend. I believe Missouri will come into the game as an underdog. I hope they defeat OU but who knows what will happen in this crazy college football season. Right now, LSU is 1, Kansas 2, West Virginia 3, Missouri 4, and Ohio State 5 in the BCS. LSU and Kansas have lost and they will surely drop out of the top 5. Missouri will most likely be 1 but West Virginia may jump them and take over that spot. Ohio State will be 3. I hope Missouri can beat OU and West Virginia can handle Pitt to setup an uncommon title game but I really think OU will win it. :(

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wanted KU to win but I'm happy for Missouri. I hope they beat OU and face West Virginia in the title game. That would be two fresh faces.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Unbelievable atmosphere, unbelievable game, unbelievable season. It doesn't even remotely feel real.

If any of the OU fans on the board are making the trip to the Big 12 title game, I'll see y'all Saturday in San Antonio.

No. 1 in the nation, and one win from playing for the national title. Wow.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The Cat's inevitable meltdown when Mizzou loses will be classic. Is it bad that I'm almost rooting for them to lose just to see it happen? :D

9. The Cat

**** off... how are you liking those four-loss seasons? How about all that talk a few weeks back of how Missouri had no chance of national title consideration or Daniel receiving a Heisman invite? Hell, even if they lose, they're 11-2 and surpassed every possible expectation anyone had of them.

What the hell is your problem with them, or me?

EDIT: Don't even worry about it... I'll put you on ignore for the time being. Shoot me a message if you're interested in actually participating in threads instead of taking unrelated personal shots at me.

#9 The Cat, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The bottom line?

Both teams are mediocre...

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

if mizzou loses to OU its gonna be a real clusterf*** picking out the national title game

if they win its:
    mizzou vs. west virginia

if they lose its:
    west virginia vs. ohio state...?

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Completely agree - too many 1 loss or hell even 2 loss teams that could have a legitimate argument for playing in the title game. I think a 2 loss LSU, Georgia or even USC at this point could beat most of the top 1 loss teams (Mizzou, WV, Ohio State, Kansas). It's a shame that we rely on rankings, computers and overall BCS standings to determine our National Championships while every other major college sport uses a playoff to allow teams to play against one another and decide the outcome on the field of play.

13. updawg

updawg Member

I think Mizzou will take OU (at least I hope they do).
    Need another Big XII MNC

14. The Cat

If by mediocre you mean having multiple NFL first day draft picks at every position on offense, then maybe...

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but everyone needs to remember the circumstances of the first Missouri/OU game. The game was in Norman on homecoming... this is at a neutral site. Mizzou had four turnovers, mostly unforced, and played without their starting RB (Tony Temple) due to injury, which cost them a lot. The protection schemes were lacking, and we rushed for 1.9 YPC, which is very uncharacteristic. They also dropped two point blank interceptions. And with all of that... they still led going to the fourth quarter, in Norman, and outgained them in total yardage.

I know all teams can play the "what if" game... but Mizzou definitely proved that day in October that they have the talent to play with the Sooners any time. It'll be a really good game.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

DEEZ nuts, Mizzou!

Honestly, I don't think i even really care who wins, I just want whatever's worse for the BCS to happen. I'm really f*ckin tired of this system.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

wow, it didn't even take a Mizzou loss for the inevitable meltdown.

17. The Cat

Can you please define meltdown for me, then?

No offense, but I wasn't under the impression that saying anything negative or condescending constituted a meltdown. I'll make sure to put a nice little :) after all of my posts to be sure and please you.

Also, since it's "inevitable," can you please cite examples of previous meltdowns? Preferably within the last five years. Thanks.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Missouri is a joke horribly weak schedule and plenty of luck -- no team could stay with Hawaii and their perfect record right now and they won't even get a shot at the title (or a BCS game) pitiful.

PLAYOFFS NOW

19. Fatty FatBastard

Yes, Hawaii, had a very difficult schedule... :rolleyes:

UNLIKELY

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OU is going to beat Missouri, and tOSU is going to beat WVU. What a ****ing weird year. I just wanted to not lose against UM..