1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Missing U: Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

more important than the playoffs obviously but tell that to the others :cool:
    I am cool

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Patterson would have had a significantly better shot at muscling Okafor just a couple feet farther from the basket on his post touches even before the catch.

Some nights Patterson was bad, especially when dealing with injury earlier, but he's had his share if positive games when his jump shot and positional defense were helpful. Motiejunas was pretty good tonight but having Patterson as an option would have been useful.

I do think Motiejunas needs some minutes, but wished that the team only traded one PF to make room for him. Trading Patterson for the most part gave extra minutes to Delfino and Anderson. Motiejunas got Morris' minutes.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They should have traded Morris to Sactown......you can't obey players where they want to go

4. HookemHorns1250

And here I thought we traded Patterson for ...someone......

Man, we got screwed in that trade.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Only if Thomas Robinson doesn't turn into the third busty Morris brother or another in the line of unimpressive Kansas lotto picks (Morris, Morris, Aldrich, Henry being some recent examples) or another Morey lotto bust pick up.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

terrence jones is an effective low-post defender.....this was a game where not developing him in nba games or even getting him playing time during our numerous blowouts so far hurt us

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think though we can't just look at one possession from the past three games and say that this is why the team may be worse off without Patterson. While Patterson was would have been better guarding Okafor for that one possession...does he get the Rockets numerous extra possessions that helped them build a big lead? Or does he have one of those bad nights where his shot is off and he gets 1 rebound?

I think that the team lost the game various reasons. Poor play from most of the starters is likely the main reason.

Yeah Patterson is a better interior defender than D-Mo or what we likely have left with (unless Robinson proves to be better defender than anyone expects) but I think D-mo alone brings more to the team than Patterson does and still can stretch the floor.

I don't even want to start with Morris. He wouldn't have much more of a shot at guarding Okafor there than Delfino did.

8. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

It is just unfortunate that Greg smith happens to be injured. This doesn't mean we need PPAT. I'd much rather have that better trade asset down the road in Trob.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Woot! @Jonathan_Feigen

At last, the Hou-Sac deal is official. If the Rockets were playing a double-header, Robinson, Garcia could play. Honeycutt sent to RGV.

10. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Does this mean T-Rob the mini Admiral will play next game? :)

11. acjeitherocket

yup......

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

TRob would've abused Nene.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You're right bro, Pat Patterson has shown a ton of potential.

Kid's a monster on the boards and a beast when he gets the ball close to the basket.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Even if Thomas Robinson turns into the next Jordan Hill or Tyrus Thomas, you still do the trade 10 times out of 10. There are no guarantees with prospects, but the upside of Robinson is too great to pass up for a replaceable piece like Patterson. I think Morey's own words were, "It was a trade we HAD to make."

15. Raven

Raven Member

If we miss the playoffs, we keep our first, but it would be a mid rounder (destined for the Kings, eventually), plus there would be a cap hit. I doubt Morey would have made this trade if he thought it would significantly alter our chances of making the playoffs. This is why I won't be surprised if Robinson impresses early, at least in one particular area, rebounds.

16. darmor90

darmor90 Member

So he must be elite since he's better at guarding the post than any pg and sg. He's average for a pf :cool:

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTiaKzDFDmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

If we had Pattie this would have been a win. Let's hope Robinson is for real.

19. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

False. 70% is average. A solid C.

20. LAC

LAC Member

Would have been nice for PPat to hit a jumper or two when our offense was kind of stagnant.