1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Misdirected phone calls..?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hmm, Jan 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

this may come off as an odd question to ask.. and I'm not entirely sure on the accuracy of the thread title..

but just tonight.. after calling someone I know.. selecting their name/home number straight from my contact's list.. i ended up being greeted-very casually as if I had dialed a wrong number.. by the voice of an unknown person.. that didn't belong..
    you see.. this someone I know.. lives by themselves.. and really shouldn't have anyone else over..

after a certain amount of startled confusion and nagging curiosity.. I took it upon myself to call them back.. this time using their cell's number.. it turned out this person was home afterall..
    upon asking if there was anyone else there with them.. and giving my reason for my asking.. they assured me no one else was there.. infact hadn't even heard their home phone ring.. and after checking their callerID, informed me that my number didn't even appear in it's recent calls list..

gave the excuse that this had happened to them before with someone else.. on a similar night.."with lots of wind".. hinting at the possible cause.. as to their opinion..

so my question is.. as I haven't heard of any other examples of such a scenerio.. is this actually possible?

I've heard of wind affecting the quality of a phone call.. but seemingly misdirecting a call altogether..?

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Dude, she's cheating on you.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its technology and bugs can happen anywhere in the system. I had a phone that from time to time would ring a contact other than the one I intended. I doubt wind had anything to do with it. Check your detail billing and see which number was called. If its the number you intended, this is highly likely the error was on their carriers end.

4. drumbum

drumbum Member

This thread has a lot of potential...

Who's the other person?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

+1, forreals

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

this certaintly sounds a lot more plausible than "too much wind"..

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

unlikely..

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

She wants a man who is more sexually enlightened.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

she already has one who isn't riddled with pitiful insecurities......?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Then why the question mark?

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

to ask why someone whose publicized mishandling of their own relationship via ostensibly trivial and pathetic personal issues and base insecurities.. such as yourself.. would dare presume on someone else's.. especially on one much more emotionally and mentally able..

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I agree with Moes...she wanted the Anne Hathaway without a lecture about how immature that was :p

Also last I heard finalsbound was still with Moes and not having to pretend when he called and reached her other boyfriend it was some technological mixup.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

el oh el.. you see.. the reason I responded to that post with the single word of "unlikely".. is because my significant other plays no part in this scenerio.. she has zero involvement on this matter.. the person I was calling actually my stepfather.. but I know this board too well to divulge any further information..

and yes they appear to still be together.. however this fact doesn't dismiss the other states.. and publicly well known for how publicly demonstrated..

I do suggest you stick to your BBS crusade for the rights of the overweight.. when you venture to give your two cents on anything else.. you evidently.. only embarrass yourself..

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

minor correction..

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

others stated*

as well..

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow.

Take a joke personally much?

Seems to me like the one who is quick to attack another's personal life and uses a repertoire of big words as a defensive mechanism has some demons of their own.

#16 moestavern19, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  17. Hmm

Hmm Member

hardly.. however lame jests are prone to being intellectually offensive..

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

this is a basketball message board. ;)

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I do feel embarassed, obviously my attempt to put forward a humorous ancedote, was unworthy because it failed to amuse the arbiter of all things moral and worthy.

You have my sincere apology for not meeting your high standards of what is or isn't humorous. And I hope your imaginary girlfriend wasn't offended. Certainly someone of her high moral standards would never consider an Anne Hathaway like the peons on this board.

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

mm.. truly pitiable the second time around.. tell me.. is your mind always this unimaginatively monotonous..?