1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minute Maid...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by MiketheRocket, May 9, 2015.

1. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

I was just wondering where everyone thinks the best spot to watch a game in minute maid. Give me a section number and the reasons why you like that area. Thanks in advance!

2. SuraGotMadHops

In my opinion, the best bang for your buck would be the Terrace Deck, 3rd base side...you get a good view of the field and all the park attractions (El Grande, Train).

Of course, this is if you have to actually buy the tickets and sit in your purchased seat. Otherwise, scooch down as close the field on the 3rd base side as you can.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I always like a view of downtown.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The problem with 1st base line is sun in your eyes. I also prefer 3rd base. Screen right in yo face.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Particularly in those 6 PM Saturday games, it's like a form of torture.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

1st base side is good.... EXCEPT for late-afternoon games (or the beginning of 6pm games) as the sun blinds you, even if the roof is closed (thanks to the world's biggest window-washers pain in the ass).

Also, if you've never done it before, I'd enjoy at least one game from the Crawford Boxes... definitely one of the best OF vantage points in baseball.

7. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Second the Crawford Boxes. Seems like the crowd is slightly rowdier (although not too bad).

8. Poloshirtbandit

For whatever reason I've never cared for the Crawford boxes. I forget what it's called, but the upper deck behind home plate is what I usually get. Section 419 or something around that I think.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The bar/terrace in deep CF is also a pretty cool place (but not necessarily the best place to watch a game).

I remember when the park first opened it was a Ruggles restaurant with tables that were high-end and reserved for every home game.... felt much more appropriate when they turned it into a bar that anybody could hang out at (because other than the top shelf liquor and hanging by the bullpen aspect, its a pretty crappy place to watch a baseball game).

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

then it was the "5-7 grill" lol

franchise has milked biggio and bagwell for all they're worth. it's nice to have good players again so they can finally put that silliness to rest.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not sure how many games you intend to go to, or how big a priority money is. The coke value nights are a huge bargain. You get a coke, hot dog, popcorn (which I never eat) and an upper deck ticket for 16 bucks. The upper decks are usually pretty empty so so can pick seats very close to the front. I get this deal whenever I go, although its not good for weekend games.

If money isn't a huge issue, I've always preferred the seat behind the 3rd base dugout, near the on deck spot.

12. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Mezzanine all day everyday. Not too high (view wise) and you can see from the outfield pitches easily. Plus they have that all you can eat section.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Is it better to buy the tickets online or would you just go up there & find tickets? Not trying to spend much. I really don't care for the seats. Just going to downtown and want to chill there for 2 hours. My gf isn't really into baseball.

14. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

I think the cheapest tickets for an actual seat is $15, for upper deck outfield. But I've bought that ticket several times and have at along the lower level infield. They're getting more stingy about checking tickets in between 1st and 3rd bases now that fans are starting to show up again (especially on weekends), but you can usually just claim an empty seat right outside those sections. I think you may be able to buy standing room only tix for $5. Again, you can basically sit wherever you want in the lower level outfield.

15. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

If you buy on stub hub you dont have to pay tax. Whatever price you see is the price you pay. on astros.com you have to pay tax on ticketmaster, but you can go to will call and pick them up for free. I havent bought tickets in person since 2005. LOL

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I always stood under the tracks in left center, but I haven't been to a game in years, as I don't live in Texas anymore.

17. DierkerFan

DierkerFan Member

The cheapest seats are between $5 and $15 depending on the day of the week and the opponent. They sometimes sell out. if you buy at the gate you may have to buy a more expensive ticket.

If you purchase online there is no need to pick up tickets at will call, if you use the ticketmaster app, they just scan your phone.

18. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

Good stuff

I really appericiate the insight. I have a 5 year old son that I will take with me. Any insight to a section that worked well with kids ? Also did I see someone mention an all you can eat section ??? Tell me more ?

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Have to consider the hot shots down the 1st and 3rd base lines when you're taking a child.

20. Buck Turgidson

Bring a glove and keep your head out of your ass (i.e. when the ball is about to be put in play, pay attention). It ain't difficult.