1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mini Rockets/Texans on the way

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Congratulations. Pics?

If you know what's good for your son, name him Jontro.
    And create a Clutchfans account for him NOW and give it to him for his 18th bday. "Jontro2013" maybe?

2. AXG

AXG Member

Congrats! We welcome your new Clutchfans.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-ZNtcCM3Cvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Congrats!! How exciting :) Every baby is different, but my best bit of advice for you as a first time mom... don't be afraid to ask for help!

Especially of family members who offer, they will love the baby too and will be more than willing to lend a hand or give you a break!

I can't wait to see pictures of him in his first jersey!

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Congrats. Our 3rd and last one is due in February. Boy, boy, girl... All 23 months apart. When she gets here it will be 3 kids under 4... Though the oldest one will only be a few months away. Then we'll have to start thinking about house remodel as we don't have enough room and it's way way cheaper to add on to get the same sf.

So.. If you're ever feeling frustrated, just think about those parents much more frustrated. Two is more than twice as hard as one, in my experience... At the very young age... So three will be great!!

Seriously though kids are freaking awesome. You'll never be more in love and awe ... And simultaneously frustrated at the same time. You'll find that time moves incredibly fast (were on our 3rd? Our first is almost 4? Weren't we just child free yesterday), and incredibly slow (will this days EVER end). But on the whole... It goes quick, so savor the moments and enjoy the ride.

Finally, consider, have you ever heard anyone anywhere ever say "I regret having kids"? Of course not.

Good luck.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Congrats to the FamilyDi.

My wife and I are expecting our first, also a boy, on December 1st.

I am excited and terrified.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's going to be interesting to see the change from 'Beau this, Beau that!' to 'Ah, nuts. I forgot the dog outside for two days'. :)

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Congrats!

Pick a real name like Ben or James or something. All these new made up names are annoying.

9. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Hey, that's my birthday, too.

If he's ever in doubt of his Zodiac sign, explain to him that he is Aquarius (not Capricorn) and then immediately afterwards explain that horoscopes are bull****.

Congratulations and good luck.

PS- As far as names go, I hear Ender is a good one.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

hey! Congrats!

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations, Lady_Di, and far out! We have 2 children, a son who recently graduated from college, and a daughter who will turn 18 next month and graduate from her magnet high school next spring. Time flies! I can assure you of one thing, and it won't surprise you. Your lives are about to change forever. I mean seriously change forever. No longer will it be all about what you and your significant other have done, are doing, or are going to do. The first calculation you will make will be, "How does it impact our child?" It's wonderful, and I wouldn't trade either of ours for anything, but freedom as you've known it is out the window. You guys will have something else. You will be parents. It's almost like being another kind of human being. :)-

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Pick the names you like. Write them down on pieces of paper. Put them in a bag. Shake the bag. Whichever piece of paper is first shall be the name.

And Congrats!

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Congrats Lady, this is awesome news!

14. the shark

the shark Member

Congrats!!!

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Try not to have the spellings that would seem to be read differently in letters that are distinct for English and Spanish: like "G","J", the "ch" sound, the "sh", etc. (Jorge and George have different sounds, but essentially the same name, Jennifer has a J sound with an English root, Michael has a "K" sound in English, but is literally read as a "CH" sound in Spanish, etc.)

For example, for girls, "neutral" names whose pronunciation is the same both ways like "Brenda", "Martha", "Aurora", "Lisa", "Elizabeth", "Isabel", "Laura", etc., are good. For boys, look for popular names in countries other than Mexico, like "Diego", "Martin", "Mario", "Omar", "Marco", "Daniel", "Lucas", etc.

Good luck choosing the name! :cool:

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Congrats to you and your family!!

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

UPDATE:

Vincent
    January 2014

[​IMG]

He's now 3 months old. Crazy ride so far! I'm back at work now and I miss him everyday. He is so fussy in evenings so I only get like 1 hour of his happy time before witching hour. Lol. Missing the playoffs because sleep trumps watching the late games.

#57 Lady_Di, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^^^ btw: despite the photo. I don't think you're allowed to put "Aggie's Mom" bumper stickers on your car, just yet.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey, how's it goin?

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Ha! My hubby is an Aggie so go figure. :)

Loving being a mommy and watching him discovering stuff and going through milestones.

I'm ready for a good night's sleep though but that can wait. Lol.