1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mini Rockets/Texans on the way

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Sep 20, 2013.

1. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo.

Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Congratulations!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Congrats, Lady_Di! I just had my 2nd child, a boy, in May. Let's just say it's been a challenge with 2 kids.....but worth every second. I already have my daughter saying Rockets/Texans and my son will be following that path soon. :)

And I tried my hardest to get Hakeem as an extra middle name for my son.....wife rejected it. :(

1 person likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Haha.

Did your 1st act strange once the child was born? I ask because my son has been very clingy lately he thinks we're going to leave him and every time we leave the room he says he will miss us.

We've been reading up and they say (babycenter and other sources) this is normal behavior from an only child at his age, because he thinks he is being replaced.

I'm just curious to see if it gets any better once the baby arrives. It's gotten worse since we took him to get mommy's ultrasound done, which now I'm thinking may have been a mistake. Even though he understands a lot better what is going on in mommy's belly and that he's going to be a big brother.

Hopefully didn't bombard you with too much ****, anything will help. TIA.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Congrats! I almost missed this thread.

My twins just turned 2. Pretty crazy. Hell, I come to work to get down time. Love every minute of it though.

Advice - 1) get him on a schedule (eat, play, sleep, eat, play, sleep) asap and 2) sleep when he sleeps.

1 person likes this.
  7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

congratulations lady di!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Congrats, our little one just turned five months this past Sunday. She's growing like a weed and learning/reaching new milestones everyday! It's amazing to watch, and i never thought that I could love SOOO much. (But, don't tell that to my wife ;))

That baby will be the best thing that will ever happen to you and your family!

1 person likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Congrats! No advice, but well wishes!

1 person likes this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

you aint lying, when i feel like crap and think about not going in, i think of all the real work i'm going to have to do for my kids

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

I hope you don't have an established sleep pattern.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

no love for the astros or dynamo i see

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

S0 what are good names that can be pronounced differently in English and Spanish? No "too Hispanic" names! :p

yes, the very first!

We have a couple but we're having a hard time with coming up with new ones. Want a name that can be pronounced differently in English and Spanish but not a requirement.

That's the way to go! Get them to love the Rockets and Texans at an early age. If I said let's use Watt as a middle name, he might agree to it.

That is what my friend told me other day. That's crazy. :| I look forward going home to have some down time and I guess that will change once we have kids. Better enjoy it, though! :)

Nah, not really my thing.

14. Buck Turgidson

Chalupa Batman McClutchfan

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

congrats Lady_Di!

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Congrats on the new babby!

17. Isabel

Isabel Member

Congratulations!

I was scared too with mine, not knowing anything about the parenting business and not having that much support around me on a daily basis. It gets to where it's OK and you feel like an expert parent before long. And little boys are sweethearts. Guess I would say...

• Google stuff if you need to, go to babycenter etc. if you need to, but take it with a grain of salt. There are some strong opinions out there from people who just need to chill out. And some mamas who have no life or identity except for trying to be a better-mother-than-thou. (which is probably accomplished more by self-righteous posting online than actually being a better mother) Don't let them drag you down.
    • Go ahead and teach them early on that nights are for sleeping. Sure you might have a few not-fun weeks of hearing crying and putting them in and out of bed, but by the time they're 2 months old or less they will have a good internal clock built in and will just have a snack and go back to sleep. Yes, there are kids who have to "cry it out", and who never sleep in their parents' bed, who are still healthy, loved, and well-adjusted.
    • They sell a lot of baby items. They're tempting. Some you do not actually need. (bottle warmer... wipe warmer... most of Babies R Us)
    • Work does become rather relaxing by comparison. If your hours are flexible enough, allow for a bit of sitting/daycare while you actually get to have an hour at home.
    • You and the kid will eventually be best buddies and, since you know him so well, you'll be able to pick up on what he needs.
    • It gets easier after about 6 weeks. I think at first their stomachs aren't comfortable and they just want to crawl back where they came from. After a while they settle into being in the world and become capable of smiling at you or otherwise showing you that they like you.
    • Warehouse clubs are good for diapers, formula if you need it, etc.
    • Speaking of formula, while breastfeeding is all well and good, don't feel guilty if you can't or don't want to. That's a trend lately. Plenty of good healthy babies do great on formula.
    • Talk to the baby as you go about your business; never too early to teach or show him things, and will help build your connection. Take him lots of places, too. Even before 6 weeks, they can go for stroller rides - fresh air is good - and to the store if it's not crowded.
    • Don't make these lists too long, or while you're typing it, your 1-year-old will roll a chair over to the light switch so he can climb up and play with it, get crackers from you a few times, and do some impressive couch climbing.

18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Great! Your going to do a wonderful job! My nephew is also due in January, by C section on my bday. PPPUUUUUUUSH!

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Congrats!

Don't let people freak you out with the sleep comments. I know we're exceptionally lucky, but our little girl is about to be 4 months old, and she sleeps through the night 95% of the time now. But yeah, we're lucky :) .

It's a trip being a parent for the first time. I still don't believe it's real sometimes.