1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MIN Not Moving on HOU’s Offer (Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight and 4 First Round Picks for JB)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by txn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. txn

txn Member

D-rock likes this.
  2. txn

txn Member

If this is true, I think DM is trolling Thibodeau :D

ak99999, TEXNIFICENT, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Thibs wants to make the playoffs...Knight and Chriss provide absolutely zero value when that’s the goal...he wants a good burger and you’re giving him a bologna sandwich with moldy bread

Thibs sees 4 1st rounders and is like “Does a 1st rounder help me make the playoffs this year?”

Thibs won’t even be there when most of these picks convey

4. mockster

mockster Member

I mean, I don’t blame them. If the offer is truley Chriss and Knight.

That’s crazy to me, why don’t they offer the picks, Gordon and Knight or Chriss.

I love gordon but butler is better in every way

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thibodeau is having no second thoughts about rebuilding......how many decades are the Wolves going to do this?

Swapping talent for picks.

Hakeemtheking, da_juice and hakeem94 like this.
  6. bmd

bmd Member

Minnesota is nuts. How would you not accept 4 first round picks for an unrestricted free agent who is not going to re-sign with your team?

All of those first round picks plus your own first round picks gives you so many options in trades and in the draft.

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Shams says no incentive. Really? Loosing a player for nothing this summer is not an incentive? Waiting and waiting on a deal to happen while messing up their team chemistry is not an incentive? Exasperating Jimmy's patience and having him devaluate his stock by creating another scene is not an incentive?

Andre0087, ak99999, RyanB and 8 others like this.
  8. txn

txn Member

On the other hand, this might be a good gamble for MIN though. They got no chance to compete for a champ this season and next season JB is leaving. Why not just tank to get as many high picks as possible. Then they get much better options next year. If JB trade doesnt work out for Houston, they got a chance to change from Minnesota Bulls to Minnesota Celtics.

D-rock likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

No surprise.

Chriss & Knight are worthless and for the same reason Daryl would trade 4 first round picks, Tom won't accept four first round picks.

That said, they're waiting on an offer that's [probably] never gonna come. I hope they do lose him for nothing. That Richardson trade was about the best they're gonna get.

#9 J.R., Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Trackwell, D-rock, Pat and 5 others like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If I were to give Minnesota the benefit of the doubt, I would say...

If you're Minnesota, this is the smart message to put out there. No trade with BK + Chriss can happen for 6 days anyway, so might as well act like you have no interest in it. There is no point in communicating to the Rockets or every other team in the league that you're good with an existing deal that's out there.

Not giving them the benefit of the doubt, I say...

Minnesota is a f***in' mess.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

for a team that finally made the playoffs last season after missing out since 2004, tanking might not be as enticing an option for them as you’d think

Thibs wants no parts of a tank job

Even if they trade Butler, do people think they’re gonna be as bad as the Magic, Suns, Hawks, Bulls, Cavs, Kings, Knicks, etc?

#11 Reeko, Oct 26, 2018
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They should just trade butler because he is in KATs head. His one good game was when Jimmy didn't play.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz, Morey is trolling Thibs.

As @ROXTXIA said, after Thibs pissed off Riley, Morey says

Thibs: "I need more picks."
    Riley: "Motherfkker"

Morey: "You want picks. I got you picks. FOUR!"
    Thibs: "Really?! Let's do this. Where do I sign"
    Morey: A day later. "Oh, but no Gordon, then."
    Thibs: "Motherfkker"

#13 heypartner, Oct 26, 2018
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun dwell on it - onto the next Offer!

#14 daywalker02, Oct 26, 2018
  15. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Teams, including the Rockets will keep trolling or sending various offers until Minnesota feels the pressure. Their time is limited. Make a trade or let JB go for absolutely nothing in return. Thibs is cornered, he can be stubborn, but he will give in sooner than later. I understand that he wants to win now and go deep in the playoffs, but he's lying to himself if he believes that, given GSW, Rockets, and Utah a notch or two above Minnesota. Time is not on Thibs side, in this case, it's a "buyers" market.

16. Mr. Space City

throw in MCW to sweeten the deal.

17. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

That was pretty dumb for him to say and I actually liked him before he said that. Making sure I’m sticking to WOJ team

mario_v and JuNx like this.
  18. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Utah is sure getting a lot of hype this year for a team that lost 4-1 to us last year and hasn’t made any changes. They barely beat us without Chris Paul and James harden missing the end of the game this season (not to mention no ennis)

DonKnock likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Pat Riley cussed at Tom Thibodeau wanting to include Richardson over the phone. Richardson is a keeper.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Actualy its a win /win situation for Thibs not to trade Butler. He gets to keep Butler or gets to get fired and keep the money , take a vacation for a year or two until he finds another team to coach.