1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milo's Call of Burke's Homerun

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by AzCkR, Oct 11, 2005.

1. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Does anyone have an mp3 of Milo's call of Burke's homer?

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I know ESPN was playing it a few days ago. I probably should have recorded that. :/

I'm sure we can get it somehow.

"IT'S GONE! IT'S GONE! IT'S GONE! HOLY TOLEDO!"

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

#3 Vengeance, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  4. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Man, that was a walk-off, get in your car, drive-off, get in the plane, fly-off to St. Louis while telling Atlanta to @$%&-off home run.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I loved it... its only fitting that one of Milo's BEST calls in the last 10 years came in one of the best Astro games he's ever called.

The man may have regressed, but he definitely brought it on that call. My only regret is that Ashby chimed in a little bit too quick (but I don't blame him... it was pandamonium, and he's been "filling in" for Milo's dead spots the last 3 years, so he had to be ready in case Hamilton had a mental lapse...)

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is it Wednesday night yet?

7. msn

msn Member

no kidding

8. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

I didn't think the call was all that amazing. Repeating "It's Gone" over and over didn't really show any creativeness, any originality. Clearly a sign of someone not knowing what to say, but hey it was an amazing moment, and I wouldn't have known what to say either.

#8 TigerBait, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  9. msn

msn Member

Are you kidding? It was amazing that Milo wasn't silent for five freaking minutes before uttering some senseless gibberish. How many times in the last few years have we heard:

"And there's the swing... ... ... ... ... (insert me :confused: here) ... ... ... ... (insert me :mad: :mad: here) ... ... and another run scores!!"

Seriously--how many times have each of you waited for Ash to clarify?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Milo has been great, but he is reaching that Harry Karey level...of incompetence.

DD

11. deepellumrocket

I liked the call on Ausmus' homer. He called it as a double then Ash broke in with "It's a homer!!!" The call reflected exactly the way I saw the play when it happened. They showed Ausmus jogging into second and I was thinking, "why isn't he running hard for third?" Then, the umpire moved into the picture circling his hand.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D I know man...geez.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I turned off the ESPN announcers Sunday after 3 innings of nonstop Braves sucking-up and listened to the 740 broadcast the rest of the way- it was entirely enjoyable. So what if Milo can't remember the names of players? As long as he remembers the positions, he's good with me. He still has that passion.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'd love to do that, but Dish has about a 3 second delay... DOH!

15. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member