1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miller is Almost Like a White Version of Scottie Pippen!!.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shandon40, May 29, 2000.

1. Shandon40

Shandon40 Member

I mean, the guy has skills in rebounding, assists, steals, blocks, and most importantly, scoring points..he has a lot of good, classic moves going towards the basket.The good thing is that he is taller, quicker, younger..only difference between him and Pippen is that Pippen is black and has a bad attitude, but Pippen has more experience, and 6 rings to top the icing on the cake. Miller would be a great addition to the team,(if we get him). And Miller is a very smart, sacrificing, tema-type of player, and is used to winning. So I hope we get him.

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, me, too.

------------------
    ?

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I agree 100%, he is a young and athletic player. The guy has outstanding ball handling skills and with him on the team we can shift francis to the 2 for sometime and make him more effective. He likes to pass and has a good eye for the court. I would like to get him , he fits in well. But if we do get him, Does that mean less time for Cuttino and Shandon?

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Why did he get stuck into one of his Florida teammates and say they were fat, slow and put in no work?????

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

5. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

I have to disagree with you here. As much as I hate Scottie, even I will admit that Miller's defense and athleticism is nothing compared to Pippen. I think of him more as a white version of Sean Elliot (several years before kidney surgery of course [​IMG] ). He can run, drive, and has good range and a nice shooting touch. I've watched every Florida game this year, and the only reason he gets steals is because of Florida's full-court press. In a half court set, his D drops off dramatically.

Personally, I still insist that he doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table than Walt (that is to say, the last 20 games of the season Walt [​IMG] ). I think the Rockets should concern themselves more with getting the best PF they can (either via draft or packaging the #9 in a trade).

------------------

6. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Alright, that's enough young man. No one deserves to called a Quitten. Watch your language there.

------------------
    Check out the new and improved
    Draftsource.net

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Launch Pad,

Thank you for stopping the insanity.

Miller is not going to be like Scottie Pippen. He lacks the quickness and athleticism of Pippen.

I'm not going to say Miller will suck, but I don't think he's going to be an impact player or an all-star.

If he ends up being as good as Pippen, I'll eat my mouse pad.... literally.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I also compare him to elliot. quick first step, good range, a decnt handle for a sf. In his day, elliot was actually a decent defender. the jury is still out on miller.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I also want Miller. My second choice at the 9th would be Miles. Darius seems to be a risky pick though because he isn't college proven like Miller. Although neither was KG.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I think of him more as a white version of Sean Elliot

I also compare him to elliot. quick first step, good range, a decnt handle for a sf. In his day, elliot was actually a decent defender. the jury is still out on miller.

There's two 't's in Elliott.

------------------

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What about comparing him to Chris Mullin?

Mullin was good in his prime, could Miller be that good?

The reason I ask is I hear he is athletic from one person, but read that he is a good shooter, but not very quick laterally. Wouldn't that make him not so athletic?

Personally, I'd prefer someone that can shoot the ball with consistency over an extremely athletic player. Skills deteriotate less than athleticism over time. The Rockets could use someone that can hit 43-45% of their shots.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited May 30, 2000).]

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, Mullin was good- he was on the original Dream Team. But I think Miller is a lot different than Mullin. What Mullin was and always will be is a shooter. Miller is a decent outside shooter, but he is nowhere near Chris Mullin status, one of the best shooters of all time. Also, remember that Mullin never had the athletism Miller has. They are somewhat similar, but not a lot. Mullin was a shooter with decent athletism. Miller is a decent shooter with great athletism. They are different. I do agree with the comparisons to Sean Elliott, but a player Miller reminds me of even more is Jalen Rose. Both have the ability to handle the ball well, they have decent speed, and a good outside shot. I think of Miller as a cross between Sean Elliott in his prime and Jalen Rose.

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited May 30, 2000).]

15. Shandon40

Shandon40 Member

Pippen and Miller are both smart, sacrificing-type, team players!!!!!!! so.................................

------------------

16. 3pointer

3pointer Member

As long as they don't have the same personality , its all good !

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

17. Launch Pad

Sorry . . . typo. I also forgot to include the "a" in aelliott also [​IMG]

------------------

18. Launch Pad

Actually, I think he did dribble the ball off his foot in one of the Final Four games, so . . . [​IMG]

------------------

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Will he play like crap for us and then demand a trade??

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited May 30, 2000).]

20. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

LOL! Beat me to it!

------------------
    Dream's Team!