1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miller, Arrcenaux, Porter to Work Out Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketSiv, May 25, 2000.

1. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I just posted it in the draft section, didn't realize you had posted it. Anyways they are also working out some power forward also, I think they said his name was Booth but I'm not sure. He would be a second round pick. By the way I thought Arceneaux is a guard, but is he a small forward?

------------------

2. Dickerson

Dickerson Member

if chris porter would be still on the board, would you take him with the 38th pick or with the pick we might get from the magic (25th)?

will porter be the sleeper in this draft?? - i think so!!

------------------
    "These pretzels are making me thirsty ..."

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

More on this soon - I got to go to the workouts today! [​IMG]

Pics to come as well!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Member

It all depends on who we take before him, at the 9th spot. If we pick up a SF, I don't see us picking up Porter also. However if we pickup a 4, the Rockets brass may be more inclined to grab a 3 with a lower pick.

------------------
    - hoopjunkie

"when you come in da HOOD... things change."

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Porter at the 2nd round....eh, I guess it's not too bad, but if we're getting an "exciter" why not Harold "The Show" Arceneaux? or, ideally, I'd pick Mickeal. He wants to come to Houston, and is a incredible defender, which is what I'd rather have at that point.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

6. popeye

popeye Member

I am not attempting to put anyone down or make enemies here,friends .... but anyone who thinks Porter will be around at #38 deserves to play for the Golden State Warriors for all eternity. [​IMG]

Other calculated predictions (as the draft stand today):

Strom Swift will be around at the fourth pick!

Jerome Moiso will be gone before the the 10th pick!

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pops-of course Moiso will be gone by 10. He's going to Houston at #9 (at least he better....I'll pass on Miller)

Porter gone before round 2? Only team I could see taking him round 1 would be Portland....

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I like Moiso but he seems to be a carbon copy of Carlos Rogers. Not sure the Rockets really want another guy like that.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Jeff -- Not sure they even want one guy like that!

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This has probably been posted, but I heard it on 610 this morning. I haven't had a chance to read all the threads yet, so I apologize if this is redundant.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Realistically, can someone explain what Chris Porter is going to bring to the table? I haven't seen much of him, and I've seen him compared to players ranging from Harold Minor to Chris Webber to Darvin Ham on different draft sites. Would I be far off if I said he's probably looking like an energy guy off the bench whose going to get you some offensive rebounds and energize the croud with some eye-popping dunks. That might be worth a 1st rounder.

------------------

12. DaneB

DaneB Member

I just got to say, nice job on the article Jeff. [​IMG] It was a great read. I hope we can get plenty more because things have been pretty boring here lately in Rocketland.

[This message has been edited by DaneB (edited May 26, 2000).]