1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Militias are being Formed in Virginia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Dec 18, 2019.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...-gun-confiscation-threats-lawmakers-want-make

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

These colors, literally, don't run

Deckard, ThatBoyNick, Nook and 6 others like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Lol....

A “well regulated militia”... Does that mean there’s some sort of standards for militia? How many push-ups can they do? Can they run a mile?

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Dammit, Antifa's at it again I see.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How is it being well regulated?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But who are they going to shoot at, the cops who would enforce the law?

#BlueLivesMatter

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

nothing would kill right wing momentum like a militia attacking a government agency

a la timothy mcveigh

I wonder if they're r****ded enough to do it

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But, you see, regulation is wrong and intrusive. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I went down the rabbit hole of articles from that link.

1. Those guys are freaking paranoid.

2. I don't have high hopes for the county militia. It looks like they are pinning the authority of the county to form a militia on a particular and not convincing interpretation of the State Constitution. I don't know very much at all about Virginia constitutional politics, but I have my doubts that they will be able to proceed in defiance of the state government.

3. If they can do it, I think the militia is great. Forming well-regulated militias instead of allowing a wild west unregulated and individual absolute right to carry guns around is an interpretation of the US Constitution that is more palatable to our modern society (regardless of whatever the original intent was). If the gun nuts can build out the infrastructure for this new militia system while the Democrats suppress the individual and unregulated ownership of guns, maybe we can get to a place where people only own guns in an accountable way. The current weakness is that the county guys are probably not very serious about the "well-regulated" part. But if they can build the militia now, we can make it well-regulated later. Baby steps.

4. Despite my reservations about how well regulated this militia will really be, they say they're going to do more firearms and safety training. That's fantastic. If we can get gun nuts who are currently carrying as unaccountable individuals to sign their name to be in a militia and to agree to a minimum requirement of gun and safety training, that's a win.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not see the big deal. All you got to do is drive to North Carolina or West Virginia and get as much military grade guns and ammo that you can carry. Problem solved.

And they are going need it too, once the Virginia National Guard comes around and shows them what a very well trained and regulated militia really looks like.

The proper way to look at this is ... natural selection. We collectively these militia crazies to be remove from the gene pool.

da_juice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FIFY.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ironic in that the people in the militia are the only ones the 2nd amendment was meant to apply to.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. PatBev

PatBev Member

God bless them for doing God’s work

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Narrator: They were.

da_juice likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Nook, da_juice and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

well regulated means well maintained and well armed... 18th century English does not have the same use as today. This has been discussed by historians and experts many times over.

#18 dachuda86, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Every fighting aged male was expected to be a potential milita man... ie minute men. It is not some exclusive club.

20. dmoneybangbang

It was tongue and cheek.... a bunch of wanna be soldiers playing army is funny to me.

You never know when the King of England will come back.... since we are relying on the 18th century.