1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Military State] Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Most Black people would be surprised that there would be Black people on the jury period... And most Black people wouldn't be surprised if the cop didn't receive any disciplinary actions.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Key Witness Dorian Johnson Had Arrest Record For Theft And Lying To Cops In Past

This is the guy, Brown’s robbery buddy, that said that Brown was shot in the back, when no wounds were found in the back.

Via Daily Mail:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-arrest-warrant-theft-busted-lying-cops.html

The key witness in the shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown was arrested for lying to cops three years ago and currently has an outstanding arrest warrant.

Dorian Johnson, 22, was arrested by police in Jefferson City, Missouri, in June 2011 after he allegedly stole a delivery package off a doorstep in an apartment complex. He was attending college at Lincoln University in the city, which is about 120 miles west of Ferguson.

When cops asked Johnson for his name, he told them he was Derrick Johnson and that he was 16 – though he gave officer a birth date that would have made him 17, according to an arrest report obtained by MailOnline.

Officers later found a student ID in Johnson’s sock that gave his real name.

He was charged with misdemeanor theft and filing a false police report. He pleaded guilty to the latter charge. When he didn’t show up to court to answer the theft charge, a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

http://weaselzippers.us/197409-key-...t-record-for-theft-and-lying-to-cops-in-past/

2 people like this.
  3. treeman

treeman Member

Watching him take the stand is going to be immensely entertaining. It's going to be very interesting to see how he explains the discrepancy between his account of Brown being shot in the back that forensics definitively proved that he was not.

He's going to be the prosecution's (if there ever is one) primary witness, the man with the best view of what happened, and he has ZERO credibility before the trial even begins.

So, if/when the cop is acquitted (or the prosecutors decline to pursue the case), will the riots be smaller, or bigger, than what we've already witnessed?

4. treeman

treeman Member

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but...

Obama orders review of U.S. police use of military hardware

U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered a review of the distribution of military hardware to state and local police out of concern at how such equipment has been used during racial unrest in Ferguson, Missouri.

The president ordered the examination of federal programs and funding that enable state and local law enforcement to purchase such equipment, a senior Obama administration official said on Saturday.

Images of police wielding military-style guns and armor have shocked many Americans following clashes that were triggered by the fatal shooting of a black teenager, Michael Brown, by a white police officer in Ferguson two weeks ago.

Obama wants to know whether the programs, which were expanded after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, are appropriate and whether state and local law enforcement are given proper training, the official said.

Full Story:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-orders-review-u-police-military-hardware-official-203250443.html

This is almost certainly just for the optics - just politics, as with everything else this POTUS does - but it's got to be making a few police chiefs nervous right about now. POTUS knows that departments need this stuff, but I guess we will go through the motions...

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL.... they want justice.

Let's ignore the facts and put the man in the electric chair!

6. treeman

treeman Member

And by "justice", I take it you mean free electronics, alcohol, and feminine hygiene products, correct? ;)

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

meh, I mean who actually took his statement seriously in the first place. His buddy for shot, why would he put the blame on his friend even if it was Brown's fault.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

interesting the appearance of the phrase "eye socket" in this thread- 16 times

no official information exists besides the "source" of one news network.

why is no one clamoring against the media bias and poor reporting techniques of this one network?

where is the outrage?

media accountability, anyone?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes others have even come out and denied the eye socket fracture that was reported on previously. Looks like it was bogus.

Also it turns out the cop that did the shooting was part of a unit disbanded because of too much racial tension.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...anded-racial-tension-report-article-1.1914982

That doesn't prove his motive or that he acted out of procedure in the shooting, but it might certainly raise the distrust of the community.

So the different accounts of what happened keep coming out and nobody really knows anything for sure.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92toXdu2KR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

t is so EASY for cops to lie and be beleived
    this guy would be in prison had it not been for the cameras

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

because it is a lie they need to cling to as true in order to justify their own bias

Rocket River

12. Nook

Nook Member

I don't believe anyone on this case. The witnesses live in a community with severe racial bias and don't like or trust the cops. They would like nothing better than to see him go to jail.

I don't trust the accomplish, his testimony has already been proven false.

I don't trust the police department, they cannot even make up their mind on whether or not the officer involved knew of the robbery or not. Further, they obviously will have more sympathy with someone they work with and know.

I obviously don't trust the officer involved, he doesn't want to go to jail.

I don't trust CNN or Fox. It comes out that the officer was taken immediately from the seen to the ER with abrasions but no fractures. CNN reports "Injuries Greatly Exaggerated" when CNN didn't even report it substantiated an assault on the officer. Fox reports "Officer Had Serious Injuries" with no real discussion of the lack of fractures and we don't even know HOW serious the injuries were or were not.

I don't trust the trash running the streets looting and the morons attempting to provoke a response out of the police.

Only thing I do know is that Ferguson is a Sh1thole is dispair and I have no desire to ever go back.

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Whoever left me this rep:

It's "warrants" and "here".

Also, nice logical fallacy.

The reality is, the lead witness has NO credibility.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

has 'the officer' been seen since?
    Is he somewhere getting coaching on testimony or 'recovery' or . . . . ..

Rocket River

15. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Remember the state's star witness in the Zimmerman case, the black girl that couldn't read that good? This is the male version.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't remember a thing about it.

I'm sure that it was a signature event in your grand theory of the universe though.

17. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

It was something worth remembering. The state unfairly overcharged Zimmermann on something that should have never gone to trial due to the political pressure. Then the states star witness is this gem..

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/se...l-jeantels-testimony/51ccc6382b8c2a38300003d3

18. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I bet you remember the race of everyone involved though; you know, the important stuff. :rolleyes:

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This video is family guy comical.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xBzW5XYXAds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nah he definitely feels safe in that town full of rational and peaceful people that do not want to commit acts of violence against him.

I mean what is he afraid of showing his face in Ferguson, people will definitely not prejudge him before the trial even takes place.