1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Military in motion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Sep 13, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

A co-worker who has a relative in the military has told me that he has called home and told his family that he loves them and will hopefully see them again. According to him, the military is mobilizing and the sh*t is going to hit the fan!

rH

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I talked to a co-worker who has some friends in the military and he can't seem to get in touch with any of them... hmm...

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have two brothers in the Army. One is based in DC. He was in lockdown since the incident and they finally came out of it yesterday. At the moment, he is digging out people at the pentagon. (he used to post on here)

Another brother is in Virgina. Last I heard with him, not much is going on. He was never put in lockdown.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Government may already know who did it .

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They should act, and THEN tell us about it, not before.

DaDakota

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I have a fraternity brother stationed in Korea. His base is on lockdown and full alert. He says the collective mood of the base was one of shock and then extreme anger. Although he probably won't be mobilized due to his location, everyone there is pissed off and ready for action. The higher ups are itching to strike back.

7. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

my cousin is a marine on a navy ship somewhere in the indian ocean. i just received an e-mail from him saying that they are 'kicking ass already, even though it is not being reported on the news' and he's very busy, which is weird 'cause he's not supposed to doing anything on the ship. he can't elaborate and he said he will be out of communication for awhile. i am praying for him and all servicemen right now.

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

To all of our servicemen:
    Take care of business!

Our hearts and prayers go out to you!

9. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

My brother is in the Marines and he was called yesterday. He is on alert for possible deployment.

I am freaking out. But I want to go with him. He is only 19. Damn, can you imagine if they ask him to pack and head to his base near Philadelphia?

I wish they ask me to go, I would in a heartbeeat. I owe it to my country. I called to see if they take volunteers and they dont do that. :mad:

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man take care guys and gals! :( Take this freak out so that we don't ever have to go through this crap ever again! :mad:

11. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

This is a whole organization loosely knit and spread over a many countries. Taking out Osama is only part of the battle, and not an end to the war.

They have extreme hatred of America, and this will be going on the rest of our lives!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well my prayers are with all of the military, and I think the thing we are missing, is the comment about us doing something already.

I wonder what it is?

DaDakota

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The thing is Rudyball, this isn't the U.S. vs Osama bin Laden, it's the world vs Osama bin Laden. The UN stated "When they attacked the U.S. they attacked the Alliance", and Russia has gone on record that they will be fully behind the United States. China has said they would help the United States in their war against terrorism. Countless other countries are helping, including possibly India. Osama bin Laden, and make no mistake bin Laden did this, bombed a building that had 400 businesses from 25 different countries. He was on the verge of bombing an embassy in China. He screwed up the world economy. He is literally a dead man walking around as a living man. His days on this planet are numbered as are his allies. The U.S. stated, and I'm paraphrasing: "Anybody in allegiance with our enemy will pay dearly for their allegiance". The giant is awaken.