1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miked-Up: Kelvin Sampson [Rockets.com video]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrownBeast99, Feb 2, 2012.

1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/02/02/SampsonMiked512Kcopymov-1986731

Good clip of Kelvin Sampson working with Chandler Parsons and Luis Scola after practice to better their games. Scola is an extremely hard worker(as we all know) but his limitations may be catching up to him during games. Parsons seems very willing to improve his jump shot. Hopefully this extra work will pay off on the court when it matters.

1 person likes this.
  2. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

whoa...great stuff! thanks for posting.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I liked the flop.

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

“You can’t make a bad shooter a good shooter, but you can certainly help him improve.” Haha poor CP.

Scola really is the ultimate professional. I’ll always love him even if he does devolve into Juwan Howard.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Juwan Howard is even more professional than Scola.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, that part was a little disheartening. I want him to become a good shooter!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Juwon has the shades......

Boy how Luis is taking Parsons to school.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Not sure If I agree with the can't make a bad shooter a good shooter statement. CP is only 22 he still young enough to recreate his shot and adjust his form. Then again, I'm not a coach so what do I know.

9. arjun

arjun Member

i dont think chandler parsons needs to be a good shooter..he just needs to be able to make shots.

does that make any sense?

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He seems like a great motivator.

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I agree. Look at what Lowry has done in the last two seasons. He was abominable from outside and now he is beyond respectable.

Parsons has good form and a good release. To me, he looks like someone who has never been asked to be a shooter in his basketball life as he relied on his length and athleticism to succeed and his teams (youth through college) always put him in positions to do just that. So, he looks like it's just a matter of him adjusting his game and practice routines around being more of a shooter along with trying to grasp the NBA 3 pt. distance. I think he'll be fine. I don't think Sampson's quote was a direct reflection on him.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons' follow through looks inconsistent to me....his fingers are pointing up sometimes, so he's shooting with his palm too much.

lol @ Manu comment....

13. onreego

onreego Member

It does look like Parson's has good mechanics. He definitely didn't become a starter because of his instant offense but if he can develop that aspect of his game he'll be a nice player. He needs confidence and repetition, at this point, for him to grasp any NBA distance. Right now, he is just too hesitant to shoot.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I completely agree. - Michael Redd

15. 220living

220living Member

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!! I just don't want him to fall in love with his jumpshot if he develops one. Don't want him to be a jumpshooter. We have too many of them right now. :grin:

16. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]
    Me too.

17. TheresTheDagger

He absolutely NEEDS to be able to hit that corner 3 though. Its such an integral part of being a SF in this offense.

18. 220living

220living Member

True. Rather have him take more higher percentages shots inside the arch
    , for now.

19. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

or drive. wouldn't mind that one bit.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You can't make a bad shooter a good shooter is just a stupid comment to make.

You can make a bad shooter a good shooter, maybe not a great shooter but without a doubt a good shooter. Unless your talking about somebody that is just completely uncoordinated.