1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Flynn...what's the deal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

All a matter of the president asserting influence into cases of law. Prove I'm wrong, ha.

Kim likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

For real. If Trump didn't tweet about Flynn during the process, I'm quite sure the trial judge would have simply accepted the dropped charges.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorry but you are a braindead moron.

When your arguments fall apart, you keep pivoting back to talking points that are irrelevant to the topic.

Seek help, you are in a cult.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Says the guy who first argued the plea deal had to do with Flynn's dealings in Turkey
    You've changed your argument at least twice

6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

What's your thoughts on how Sullivan acted? My aunt was a former judge and a Dem. When we discussed this some time ago, before the declassified info was released by DNI, she said Sullivan should absolutely not let Flynn off. I posed to her a question about a friend who was accused of DWI but plead to a lesser "Obstruction of Hwy", but then the case was dropped after he plead. He paid $$$ because he has a professional license and did not want a record. The judge in that case could look at it the same way, in that my friend lied when he took the lesser plea. It's a bad precedence is it not?

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sullivan! I had forgotten the name. Found it funny and interesting. Nothing was even really decided yet, so like I wrote, it was like the shame march from GoT. Flynn is Cersei and the end of freedom was always the outcome. From what I've read and heard, my take is it never really was in doubt that Sullivan would prevent Cersei from reaching her freedom castle, but just a question of how long the shame march could be legally allowed.

And the only reason the appellate courts actually allowed this circus maneuver by Sullivan is because it's existing as a counter action to the bigger circus maneuvers by Trump. It's pretty hilarious that DOJ could have easily dismissed this a long time ago had Trump just kept his mouth shut and stayed off Twitter.

Anyhow, in this comparison, Trump is Qburn, except that he's meeting Cersei much earlier in the march to rescue her from more shame.

B@ffled likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your aunt...

[​IMG]

B@ffled and Dubious like this.
  9. biina

biina Member

I beg your pardon

On a more serious note, the ability of the executive to unilaterally grant pardons is incoherent with the whole idea of separation of powers, as governors and presidents are essentially made the supreme judge, jury and executioner in a sense

10. Dubious

It's supposed to be a rarely used, ultimate remedy for injustice. I don't know exactly where that trend ended, Nixon or Mark Rich but like most things with the Executive Branch it's gotten out of context.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

His caae was gonna get dropped. All of you are ignoring that.

B@ffled likes this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Almost. Except she's a Dem, so by default she's corrupt but I still love her. :D I should ask her how many bribes she's taken. My uncle would get a kick out of the question but she'd go ape ****......which may be worth it. She did throw the book at friend for using a fake ID in College (A&M). Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wait which party has members in it that actually want to overturn the Citizen's United ruling?

Dubious and dobro1229 like this.
  14. Dubious

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It was an unnecessary pardon that just brought upon more scrutiny even from the legitimate legal opinions thinking Flynn should be released. What was Sullivan going to do? Was he going to rule in favor of a substitute prosecutor who doesn't even represent the DOJ? It was just a delay to throw shade and shame on Trump for inserting himself into the trial. Now they shot themselves in the foot even further by this dumb pardon.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just think about all the wonderful criminal acts that Joe Biden can instruct people to take on his behalf with the power of the Pardon now sanctioned to be used by the Republican Party, the Justice Department, and likely the Federal Courts.

17. Dubious

Yeah, but he won't