1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni's adjustment - deleting Luc Mbah a Moute

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 22, 2018.

1. Asian Sensation

I created a similar thread after game 1.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/it’s-been-6-games.290649/

I’m glad MDA made the proper adjustment after the first 5 mins of game 2. That single change saved our season and is keeping our dreams alive.

I feel comfortable continuing to roll with Green. I can live with a couple ill advised off balance shots as long as he continues to hustle on defense and make plays. He’s obviously not know known for his defense but he’s been very good perhaps even great. He’s had some timely/impressive blocks and steals along with forcing bad passes/TO’s.

Offensively, we know what he does but it’s extra valuable against the Warriors. He’s another playmaker the warriors have to account for defensively. His ability to not just hit the 3 but also create his own shot off the drive is/has been pivotal.

joshuaao, hakeem94, noppeper and 2 others like this.
  2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah for every chucked up bad shot he actually at least made a couple of great defensive plays that were key. Turned out into a wash but I wish after the pump fake he would attack the rim instead of settling. His dunks will make the crowd go crazy.

Uprising and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

we still need luc i hope coach mike will give him a chance to play in game 5. and i promise the prince will show up!!

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I never understand why he doesn’t use his athleticism and drive in. U know he won’t lay it up like the rest of the guys.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

If he isn't right you can't play him. He was missing so many shots. I think we will see him in game 5 though. Maybe it was a sneaky rest game gamble and it worked

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I have a feeling he would have been played. But the 0-12 start made Dan Tony switch up his game plan on the fly.

I’m sure he’ll play next game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Chill. I didn't realize we already won the series. This post will look really stupid when the Warriors make adjustments and blow us up again.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he gets another shot at home. I'm fine with a 7 man rotation in a must win on the road, but I don't think we can win 2 of the next 3 playing 7 guys. Hopefully we can throw him out there for a few minutes, especially if we have a lead.

Hakeemtheking and jboslett like this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Injuries are a b****. A healthy Moute would have made all the difference in the world. Unfortunately, he's not healthy and it's affecting his play greatly, so he should be sitting.

#89 chenjy9, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yep, it's amusing that Iguodala being injured is a key excuse for the Warriors losing, but Mbah a Moute health is almost never mentioned.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. noppeper

noppeper Member

It wasn't just that LMM was not making shots, it was that the paint was closed when he was there. The Warriors were basically leaving him open, and if PJ was anywhere but in the corner, they were leaving him open as well, so our drivers were being met by Draymond and another man at the basket.

The Rockets are playing these WCF against one of the best teams ever, with basically two regular season rotation players down, as Ryno is either in the dog house, hurt or simply checked out, plus LMM, both players that could help tremendously their chances. This makes it even more impressive what the Rockets are doing and why it has been such a key that Gerald Green stepped it up this last game.

hakeem94 and hongxingli like this.
  12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Hope luc can be fully back next game, his hustle, fast break and energy can really change the game quickly

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Here's what's gonna be fun - all the media outlets saying crap like "no Iggy and hurt Klay Thompson"...

Well, Rockets haven't had Luc all series, and CP apparently playing on one leg himself....

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

missed layups are especially deflating to this team because they have to work so hard on offense and you can just feel that the other players are like damn man we worked so hard to get that open layup and X blew it. luc isn't the only one, but he's been the most flagrant.

Eddie Cecco, hakeem94 and noppeper like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm sure our original plan for the Warriors looked something like this:

CP3 / Gordon
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Moute
    Tucker / Anderson
    Capela / Anderson / Wright

Then Wright got hurt, so we lost our playable depth behind Capela.

Then we figured out that Anderson couldn't contribute against basically any lineup the Warriors put out there, so we knew we had to play small.

Then Moute showed that he hadn't recovered from the dislocated shoulder, so Green had to step up. But Green is defensively limited and trigger happy on offense, so we can't play him more that 15 minutes or so.

Basically...it is what it is. There are good reasons why we are playing the rotation that we are, and there don't appear to be other alternatives. At best, Green gets hot and justifies a few more minutes.

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No it won't. he is clearly not as important as cf thinks. Win or loose, his playing is a minor factor in the outcome of the series. Ask diantoni.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

there aren't anymore significant adjustments at this point. by now both teams will have tried and realized everything they need to do to put themselves in a position to win. the better team that executes will come out of these final best of 3 games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

It worked but man this team would be completely different if Luc was healthy. That injury really hurt the Rockets but well **** happens. He came back too soon and his confidence is shot. Hopefully the extra time off may allow him to heal more and maybe see some time in game 6 if he isn't ready for game 5. Lets say if the Rockets win game 5 then having that extra defensive body in Luc for game 6 would be crucial

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I thought MDA was gonna give him some burn but then we started 0-12 and MDA didn't want to risk it.

20. rocketsmetalspd

I will be happy IF some off the bench besides the 7 can contribute in Game 5. The team needs someone to spell some minutes for the starters.