1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni's adjustment - deleting Luc Mbah a Moute

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 22, 2018.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Remember when cf was freaking out after he got hurt? Acting like he was a key to the rockets success. Lol. Another (of the numerous) indications that most of you are ****ing morons.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He was our best man to man defender when healthy.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

So glad you're here to set us all straight with your after-the-fact analysis. :rolleyes:

DreamShook and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

THIS. We are winning games when the defensive focus is there - not because we are out scoring GS. Essentially we need to do whatever it takes to make GS work hard for every bucket and hope we can get inside their heads a bit.

I’ll also say this - we dodged a massive bullet wth Steph getting that good look to tie. He hits that shot and GS likely takes momentum into overtime and comes away with the win. I’ll take it because ‘old school’ knows it takes a little luck to get an NBA title in addition to playing at an elite level.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Someone has to do it.....

If you wan't me to pull posts from that thread I will. No "hindsight is 20-20" scenario here.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

We win when we play defense and Ryno is just not that player. Screw deep rotations - the only thing that matters is winning two of the next 3 games - you play the best lineup that gives you a chance defensively and can not be a liability on offense. THIS is the Finals - we won’t play a tougher team if we can win two more this series.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The key to game 5 will be slipping Luc some minutes when Trev and Tuck get tired. I think he will be ready this time.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I just want to fight someone because I hate the media so f&#king much right now. :mad:

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Luc was starting at sf for Ariza the last time we beat the Warriors in the regular season. His loss this series has been a huge void that is now being filled by overplaying guys. It's significant...

DreamShook, Lawlruschang and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think you just actually proved your moronic line of thinking with this comment.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don’t believe a 6.5 man rotation is viable. Gonna need SOME minutes from Luc where he goes all out on d against Steph Klay or KD. The outside shooting part he just needs confidence to regain, and the finishing at the paint will just have to be funneled into something else, such as a kick out pass or even a baby hook

t s p n, Lawlruschang and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ok.....

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

agreed. giving the rockets no credit.

glimmertwins likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

you do realize he was DNP'd right?

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

A healthy Luc would be a HUGE help in this series. As everyone has alluded to - if nothing else but to provide some extra minutes so we don’t burn our short rotation of players out(who are now playing every other night by the way!!). The fact is we have a short list of players we can throw at the Warriors this series who aren’t overall a minus and a HEALTHY Luc would have added one more...unfortunately unhealthy Luc is a minus.

...and who in the hell says we don’t need another A+ defender & decent 3pt shooter to throw at these Warriors? Are you for real?

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There was widespread panic throughout CF after he got hurt. Basically asserting that he was the key to the rockets beating the warriors. It was bullshit at the time, and it is still bullshit.

17. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I thought he would be the key player coming into this. I don't think he's healthy enough to play at this level yet so I don't think we can count on him for anything but defense.

If we lose game 5, I say we convince David Silver to let us replace the injured Luc with 47 year old Robert Horry cold off the bench in game 6 on the road.

18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

The guy is playing like somebody who is not 100% mentally or physically coming off of two shoulder injuries in a short time. He has said that he doesn't trust himself to dunk the ball. He goes for that dunk (timidly) in game 3 and gets rejected. Say it however you want, but the fact that we HAD Luc playing the way he was, and now we don't, is a huge loss to our team and rotation... What are you not grasping about this...

19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You don't think that 18 minutes from the Luc we had pre-injury would be a HUGE help right now?! Those extra minutes lost and another big body defender are seriously missed, and the tired legs of everyone on the floor tonight will only get worse if this rotation is stuck at 7 for the rest of the series..

20. JW86

JW86 Member

It was a bold move and it paid off. I tip my hat off to coach, not many would have dared to do that. Gerald was very solid on defense, his energy is contagious and did you see that block on Curry on their fast break?

The only thing about Gerald is he needs to understand you cannot always just hoist it up, you have to consider spot on the floor, the score, momentum, shot clock etc.

Maybe this rest will help for Luc and Gerald is actually due for another hot shooting game so maybe he’ll be the x factor in game 5.

noppeper and RasaqBoi like this.