1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni's adjustment - deleting Luc Mbah a Moute

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 22, 2018.

1. HardLin

HardLin Member

I didn't think it odd at all. When Steph got hot and we were down 10 he was a key part of the Harden-less lineup that got us back into it.

What he lacks in BBIQ he more than makes up for in hustle and enthusiasm. And with everyone playing big minutes it's very obvious when a fresh GG comes off the bench. He used to be more of a liability on defense, but these days he's much better, especially when he's fresh and the other team is tired. He is also a good soldier in that he'll always launch a 3 without hesitation when given the ball. Ryno would be getting minutes if he was just did that.

LMAM is one of my favorite players, but he's just not right yet. I hope to see him back in the lineup because it'll mean he's gotten better.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It was great for this must win game but goodness gracious... we need to find someone besides eric gordon to come off the bench and be able to do something. I hope luc is ok for thursday...

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah I agree.

We’re talking 2 or 3 more games here.

I think if they can get past these guys then they can go deeper against either of the ECF teams.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ryno has played well against GS before. I’d try him at the 5 for a few minutes. Luc can play the Roberson role and launch an occasional 3. Maybe take a page from CP3 and work on a midrange pull-up when he drives.

RocketWalta and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Don't forget Iso Joe.

#45 lnchan, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    James Gabriel and hakeem94 like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gotta get Ryno some Pt. This 6.5 man rotation is killer on our starters

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

luc missing wide open layups had nothing to do with his injury. and i wish pringles would have gotten his head right (like any great coach should/would) instead of just removing him from the lineup.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If we somehow make it to the Finals we will need Nene a lot more I think. We can play a slower pace and won't have to worry about him getting switched onto the likes of Curry or KD

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Anderson is done bro. He isn't coming off the bench - total liability on the floor.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I am perfectly fine with the rotation tonight.

Everyone knew the situation and the pressure facing us.

Harden, cp3 and tucker are very capable of playing 40 minutes. Capela and Gordon have shown the ability to play mid 30s. We give green every scrap minute.

It worked.

That being said, curry and Durant both sit at the beginning of the 2nd and 4th for a few minutes.

In the 2nd, I give 2 minutes for Luc to prove how he is playing. Yank him and keep him benched if he sucks.

If he does well keep him a few extra minutes and see how he holds but keep a short leash. If he gives you a solid 4-5minutes in the 2nd, give him another 2 at the beginning of the 4th and see how he plays.

Keep a short leash, if he does good let him play 3-4 minutes if he sucks yank him after 1-2 minutes.

8-12 minutes would be awesome at this point

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

We win these types of game because we limited our defensive mistakes as much as humanly possible....Playing Ryno would be a step in the opposite direction.

12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Honestly I don’t think it a big deal.

KD and Green played 42+ apiece. It’s the conference finals. Adrenaline takes over.
    You rest the entire season for this moment.

BigO likes this.
  13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yes you maybe right but please not at home where he got the color blindness of red

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gerald Green was surprisingly good on defense tonight. He'd get more time if stopped taking horrid 3s.

16. AB423

AB423 Member

Who cares if it’s a 7 man rotation, it’s the playoffs and they are playing for a championship. Suck it up and play.. you got plenty of time to rest in the summer.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Luc is being too cautious with his shoulder. You can’t blame him but the warriors are going after him coz of this.

We need to be going after Klay and curry now. And if iguadala returns against him too. Switching it to test their legs or foot. Also would help mix up the game if they don’t know who we aiming to attack. Since it’s mainly curry they can study how to help curry but if we switch it they won’t know when we coming.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

i want to choose luc over gerald, but ... in this series, it's tough to say considering just how bad luc has been on offense. throughout the regular season, he'd convert so many more layups, even against these warriors, but he's looked so inept offensively that i think his trade off on d for gerald's offense makes more sense.

on another note, i second that we need at the very least an 8-man rotation. i agree on letting ryno get some minutes. he extends the spacing and has hit timely shots for us against these very warriors. let capela still get his minutes (and please capela, box out more), but putting ryno out there couldn't hurt.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He has to extend the rotation. These guys are goin to run out of gas. Give Anderson some burn. His height would actually help out a lil bit.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I want to give Luc one more shot. His upside is so huge. I don't trust Ryno at all.

Hakeemtheking likes this.