1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Conley expected to leave Grizzlies in free agency

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

Absolutely not, not the way you have it constructed

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But James Harden won't let him use the ball.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mike Conley: Grizzlies need to make moves for me to stay

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15355545/mike-conley-memphis-grizzlies-need-make-moves-stay

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

"What" faints

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Some members of the Grizzlies front office are growing a bit concerned about the possibility of Conley leaving in free agency, per a source with knowledge of the situation. Memphis, which plans on using a video featuring Grizzlies part-owner Justin Timberlake as part of its recruiting pitch, per a source, can offer Conley a five-year deal worth approximately $124 million. Other clubs can ink Conley to a max contract for four years worth approximately $92 million.

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0534488991076978838-4[/rquoter]

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Conley to Spurs / Mavericks it is.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Grizz should be worried. Conley hasn't been too subtle about talking about how he wants to see what the Gizz do in FA first, before he makes a decision. Conley isn't going to stay if the Grizz stand pat or strike out on adding talent.

Last year I thought it would be a lock that he stayed with the re-signing of Marc Gasol, but I have done a total 180 on that now. I think Conley is gone if the right team and offer come around. I don't think there are any "loyalty cards" that will be played.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man, I can't see him not joining the Spurs. It's just too perfect for him and them. He's exactly the type of FA they would go for, and they're exactly the kind of team he'd love to play for.

If the Spurs were out of it, I think we'd have a shot.

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

If he leaves it'll be interesting to see if marc gasol goes on the trade block. They could get a Kings ransom for him.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Gasol to Kings confirmed? :grin:

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree and i thought the same months ago but now...the Gasol injury may also be a huge reason for him to leave.

Same here, i think Conley (and Pau) are perfect for the Spurs, not sure if Parker is willin gto play less and off the bench, but on paper Conley is perfect for the Spurs.

God point, in the end i think with or without Conley, if the Grizzlies will not sign a couple of pretty good players this summer, they are basically done with this roster since it's really old with no young talent, and they may look to trade Marc which would be perfect here, but not sure at this point, that injury may be really bad at this point...

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they're rolling justin timberlake out for their big 'stay' campaign lol

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

How do our chances look?

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Which celeb team rep has a better chance at convincing their top tier FA to stay?

Timberlake / Conley
    Drake / DeRozan

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You could really make a case, if Conley leaves, for the Grizz to do a total rebuild. Sell off Gasol, ZBo, Allen etc to get picks and prospects. They could bottom out this season and get a high pick + whatever assets they got back from their trades.

16. basketballholic

My secret wish since I saw Marc telling Pau to go to the Spurs has been for this to happen and for us to win a bidding war for Marc.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol I find it really hard to imagine we have to assets for Marc, they would have to REALLY love Capela or something.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would have to believe that Danny Ainge would be one of the first calls the Grizz take if Marc Gasol is made available.

The Rockets don't have a viable asset package they could put together for Marc Gasol.

19. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Yeah, we might be able to win the bidding war for Tony Allen or ZBo, though.:rolleyes:

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Bun B / Harden