1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Buldenholzer is coach of the year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket2008, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Easiest award choice.

Took an 8th seed from last year and turned it into a dominant 1 seed. Hawks had their way with the East, and did pretty well against Western teams too, iirc.

Glad voters weren't too influenced by "67>60"

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree and it's especially telling considering their highest scorer didn't even crack 17 points per game and had multiple injuries all throughout the year.

This is most likely due to my hatred for everything Golden State but Kerr wouldn't have gotten that Atlanta team to 60 wins.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kerr on Bud winning COY: &quot;I stole a bunch of his plays. I don't think he stole any of mine&quot;</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/590553315659898881">April 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

2001 was the closest year when a team swept awards

Philly won:

MVP - Iverson
    DPOY - Mutombo
    6th Man - Aaron Mckie
    Coach - Larry Brown

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And avoided getting swept in the Finals. :grin:

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gregg Popovich was the one to call Mike Budenholzer and inform him of award. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ATLHawks?src=hash">#ATLHawks</a></p>&mdash; Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/590581874810040320">April 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's some hairy business.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

let me guess...he is gonna get fired next season...

#COYcurse

9. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't really get the CF hate for Kerr's case for COY.

If anything, all our support for Harden winning MVP goes hand in hand with Kerr winning COY. GSW 67 wins cannot be ignored, and someone needs to claim recognition for that. For all of us who believe Harden is the true MVP, we should also believe that Curry was not the catylist for 67 wins, but Kerr was.

Considering GSW's core has remained unchanged (only a few improvements to the bench) but also the fact that Kerr really messed with the lineups and rotations that GSW previously had under Jackson, I think Kerr deserves COY over Bud, even though the Hawks clearly have less talent than the Dubs.

Why else would GSW have 67 wins? If they had Harden instead of Curry, they'd probably still have 67W. That is a testament to the coaching.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

If the media isn't giving McHale any credit for getting to the 2nd seed in the West given the roster and injuries, then it all falls on Harden as the logical choice for MVP.

But we all know that won't happen.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Knew that one was coming.

12. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

i think bud deserves it too...but you can say the same about the kerr. took a 6th seed in the west and made them into a historical team (record wise)

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Deserved it.

14. mingthething

mingthething Member

jesus christ 67 wins. they needed 6 more to beat out the '96 Unstoppabulls.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You know how to add?

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

This!
    It doesn't seem like enough are talking about this but I think this basically lets us know that Curry is winning the MVP.
    No way in H-E double hockey sticks would the media let GSW win only one of the major awards(DPOY for Draymond). Bud winning coach of the year basically means Curry is winning MVP. (I hope hope hope that I am wrong though).