1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Midwest Division Champs 2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Sorry to open another thread since it's being discussed in many threads but I feel we need to seriously think about what the Rockets can do here. If they win tonight, and they WILL WIN TONIGHT :), it will be our first Division Championship since 1994. It's rare and even if we will not become NBA champions, we will at least be champions in the Division. I will take that any year, especially this year with a great team and a legendary player in Deke in his last year. What way better than to end your career as a Champ, possibly double Champ ;) !!!!

I still cannot believe all the talk in here about losing this last game, not wanting home court advantage, thinking this is a bigger for Dallas than it is to us, worrying more about Utah than about our own HOUSTON ROCKETS and last but not least..............NOT wanting to be DIVISION CHAMPIONS OF 2009 !!! Seriously, why do people worry and let fear, emotions, take over their rationale ? It is spirit over body, mind over matter.

Think about the 94 playoff run,
    What if Maxwell had played in fear during the 2nd half of game 3 in 1994 @ Phoenix ?
    What if the Rockets had feared Stockton and Malone in the WCF of 1994 ? What if they had feared the dirty Knicks ?
    We wouldn't be CLUTCH CITY and there would be no CHAMPIONSHIP in 1994 !!

Think about the 95 playoff run,
    what if the Rockets had feared the Jazz in the first round ?
    What if they had feared the Suns with the better record and no home court advantage ?
    What if they had feared the Spurs ? We wouldn't have that Double Clutch CHAMPIONSHIP no way !!

Let's take at least one Championship home to Houston and possibly two. No more talk of not getting out of the first round, it's a non-issue. It is even ridiculous to talk about it like Artest has said many times. We have to think WCF / Finals, not first or second round. Do not fear Rockets fans, we can take the Mavs, Hornets, Spurs, Blazers and Nuggets any day. The WCF / NBA Finals is our aim and we should settle for nothing less. I am realistic so NBA Finals is probably out of our reach, but we can do it. Every analyst, commentator, executive, scout etc has said the ONLY team that can give Lakers problems are.............YES, YOUR HOUSTON ROCKETS !!

Anything is possible, just believe people, believe....

Let's cheer on this great team tonight at 2 AM, Europe time :), and support them to the fullest so please no more talk, only action. We will be
    MIDWEST DIVISION CHAMPS OF 2009, the first time since 1994 !!

And ride Yao and Deke all the way to the finish line, wherever that may be

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Is there some Midwest Division Champs joke I'm not getting, or did you just misspeak?

3. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I think he hasn't misspoken that. :cool:

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

My bad, that's what it was until 2004 :) Now it's Southwest Division

5. Dream-like

Dream-like Member

Just do it. We will be the champion.

6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I think beating out teams of the caliber of the Spurs, Mavs and Hornets is definately something worth celebrating...

7. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

RUDY T. KILLER INSTINCT!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccbJw_7Y830&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccbJw_7Y830&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I will never forget that phrase!

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Way to jinx the game tonight...

:rolleyes:

9. ebu

ebu Member

its ok, he jinxed us being midwest champs :p

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I really hope we come out hot tonight and then Dallas rests their starters.

11. ringin08

ringin08 Member

I just want to go on record and say that if we win tonight thereby winning the division, and Denver loses to Portland, we are DEFINITELY going to the Western Conference Finals!

Anything is possible at that point. Get ready to party Richmond!

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Loser mentality.

I hope they start their starters and they give us everything they have. That way, if we end up facing them in the playoffs, they'll remember that ass whooping they took on the last day of the season.