1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Midtown] Does this make sense?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I was browsing har.com for Midtown residences and stumbled acrosss this listing: http://search.har.com/engine/1426-Ruthven-St-Houston-77019-5142_HAR93337208.htm

This is what I got when I put the address into Google maps and went to a street-level view of the house (to the left on the corner):

[​IMG]

Does that make sense? Does it explain the apparent lack of interest in the house (3.2% decline in listing price)? I'm sure the sign on the left got twisted around but the streets in the area are narrow and that sign just adds confusion.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't understand why this house is overpriced .

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's the 4th Ward. Prices don't really appreciate there yet. If you can find a deal across West Gray to the Sutton Gillette area, it should be a better investment, though it's possible most homes are nearing it's ceiling. The renovated West Webster Park and high association fees try to keep the area values up. That has resulted in a massive movement of recent college grads of diverse backgrounds moving there...they probably work in downtown.

The thing is, it's still across the street from the 4th Ward. And your house is actually in the 4th Ward. And as proud as I am of my ghetto roots, and of my business located in the ghetto, I don't actually enjoy living in the ghetto because of the crime. See HPD crime reports...it's bad.

1 person likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dat dere is $10,000+advice

5. Prince

Prince Member

nice and safe area , just ask Carl Landry.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I live a few blocks from there. There is like an invisible wall where you don't want to cross from the the nice parts of midtown to the hood.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is that right behind Junction Bar? I'm pretty sure I gig'd a girl one night in one of those pink houses.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

All of this time and I had no idea you were John Mellencamp.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Cool, i have those same blinds on my windows...