1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I spent over 45 minutes standing in line on the first day of early voting yesterday. This was not in the Beto O'Rourke part of town, either.

Harris County smashes early voting record

The media is trying to spin this as being for Beto, but I can assure you that is not the case where I live.

I understand they do not have early voting in many Northeastern states for some reason, by the way. Why is that, I wonder?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If that's what you think, cml750, I'll lump you with the other far-right extremists that inhabit this forum, at least half resting on my ignore list, most due to bigoted posts. I don't consider you a bigot, at least until you give me reason to see you that way, but it is disappointing to read wildly exaggerated right-wing jumbo-jumbo in your posts.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

never mind.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Hitler was an authoritarian leftist, as all leftists by definition necessarily are, so no doubt you are correct.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I deleted it because I thought better of it...but your response is just laughable.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More and more republican candidates see trump get away with constant lying...

Barr says McGrath’s health care plan is a single-payer system. That’s not her plan.
    https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article218188880.html

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Going by American standards you are absolutely right, he was more authoritarian than any American politician and he's further left than just about any (though not all anymore) American politician. If you look at a global map he'd be more of an authoritarian centrist.

That said, do you really think our friends on the left in this forum care about facts? In their minds he was "far right" and there's nothing that will change that.

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why run from it?

If you put a sign that said "FREE GOVERNMENT RUN SINGLE-PAYER HEALTHCARE TODAY!" up in the county courthouse in every single county in Kentucky - how long would the lines be?

Remember despite beign the home of would-be Obamacare-killers like McConnell and Bevin - Kentucky's Kynect program has been incredibly successful and reduced its uninsured rate from 20% to 7%.

Deckard, JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no doubt that the "FREE STUFF!!!" route works really well with incredibly dumb people that don't realize that they have to pay for that "FREE STUFF", so it'll work well on our friends on the left, but not everyone is that dumb. Some would just see "FREE STUFF" signs and read them accurately as "DOUBLE YOUR TAXES!!!! signs.

cml750 likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Lubys crowd always votes early, once those old geezers die off the country will turn more left.

Don't pay attention to the numbers yet - old people vote early.

DD

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

15. NewRoxFan

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

FranchiseBlade and leroy like this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hilter was misunderstood.

peleincubus likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Anyone comparing either political party in our country to Hitler or the Nazis needs a reality check. Can you show me the gas chambers in this country? How about the mass graves? Can you show me the laboratory where they torture and disfigure people in the name of science? How about the trains filled with starving people that were ripped from their homes and sent to a work or death camp because of their religion?

Maybe some of you need to take a trip to Normandy and look at the row after row of dead Americans that fought and died trying to stop the Nazis. I assure you... lots of Republicans AND Democrats died there.

John Oliver likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Always interesting to see a trump supporter triggered into fake outrage...