1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midnight Home Invasion: Who will Morey visit on July 1st?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 28, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2010: Chris Bosh, with fan bandwagon and iPad.
    2011: Lockout
    2012: Omer Asik, with Kevin McHale (?)
    2013: Dwight Howard, with Les Alexander, McHale, Parsons and a bunch of other people.

2014? Who will Morey visit when the clock strikes midnight to open free agency and who will be in his entourage?

1 person likes this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Melo

Can't visit Love who is not a free agent.

Dirk and Bosh are likely resigning.

3. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Your mom.

3 people like this.
  4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Melo.

If he opts out.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think they'l give Mr.Lockout another visit, lord knows we could use him and his skills on the team.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Who is Mr. Lockout? Pau?

8. anchel

anchel Member

Kyle Lowry?

9. Carl Herrera

I hope so. Show up with McHale and an apology.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Obviously Melo

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Anthony (assuming he will meet with Morey), otherwise I could see someone like Thabo he thinks he can get on the cheap.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Anthony or Lowry.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Andre,

as try to convince him that Fitzpatrick will lead us to the championship and hope Andre to end his hold out.

15. MONON

MONON Member

Deng, Lowery or Ariza.

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Carmelo will probably set up his own meetings like Dwight.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Kyle's house. Please.

18. Carl Herrera

I think there are multiple factors going into selecting the site of the Morey Midsummer Home Invasion 2014, not just which free agent is the best player or one that Morey wants the most.

In some years, there may be one guy who is so much better and more impactful than every other realistic free agent target that it's a no brainer without thinking about the other issues. Dwight in 2013 was such a guy. Besides Dwight and Chris Paul (and CP3 was not nearly as likely to leave his team as Dwight was), there was literally no one else close.

Other years, like 2012 and, I think, 2014, it may be a little more complicated. Morey must also factor in whether showing up (or not showing up) at midnight at a guy's place is likely to have an actual effect on the guy's decision process. In 2012, Asik was important to Houston, but I am not sure he was the kind of clear #1 important free agent that Dwight was. The Rockets were chasing other guys like Eric Gordon, Dragic, Lin while also still pursuing a Dwight Howard trade. But I think they chose to show up at Asik's place because they think he's the one guy who would be impressed with some early sweet talk from Morey and McHale.

This year, I am not sure Morey has a clear #1 target like he did with Dwight. If he doesn't have a clear preference for Melo or Lowry or any other free agent, then I am thinking he's going to go the Asik route and go to a player who would be impressed with the gesture. I don't think that guy is Melo, who will likely just have his agent line up prospective teams for meetings. Same goes with Lebron, who is likely just going to make a rational decision about his future business partners. In the end, these guys have been chased enough in their lives to disregard attention.

I think Bosh might be one guy you can impress with flattery, if he and Lebron are not already set on returning to Miami already. Lowry is another guy. If there is any perceived slight from Toronto in terms of reluctance to pay him, having Morey, McHale and maybe Dwight Howard show up and say that "we need you" could be a factor.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Possibly Eric Bledsoe. How much could he possibly request. He fits the bill of exactly what we need at the starting pg position. We can then move Beverly to primary back up pg. We need to stop thinking about being regular season heroes but gear towards the playoffs. I would love kyle Lowry but that bridge might be burnt.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

No way Phoenix doesn't match on Bledsoe.