1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Middle East] US embassy in Israel to be moved from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hell no, those aren't first world type people, find some empty land in a 3rd world sh*thole and let them be violent assholes there where it won't matter. You can given them the statehood they allegedly desire and they won't be close to anyone worth attacking for several years till they spread far enough. Sure it's inevitable that they'd eventually attack their neighbors whoever they were, but at least it would be a change.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

depends on the amount of violence and how many other countries move their embassies to Jerusalem. Either way, you never give in to the heckler's veto.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I would like to see how this plan gets carried out, good luck with that, might be easier to just nuke them.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You wouldn't want to nuke them, it would hurt innocent people near them. Just carve out a sparsely populated part of Kazakhstan and purchase the land from the country and dump the Palestinians there. That way when they decide to attack their neighbors, it'll be countries like China or Russia who will deal with them as they should have been dealt with years ago. The plan gives them a chance to be decent people, and punishes them when they fail yet again. Sure it's sort of setting them up for failure, but it gives them a chance.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Like I said good luck with that.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Arab allies too. But hey, if you want to nuke Saudi Arabia too, be my guest.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bobby's smart because he removed empathy and finds the most pragmatic solution.

Right Bobby? You very smart?

#88 fchowd0311, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. fchowd0311

Trump is accomplishing exactly what he wants. Make his base concentrate on the 'other' while his administration goes down the gutter.

He's throwing red meat.

To me you have two sides who are claiming a piece of land based on 2 thousand plus year old fairy tales. None of this is rational.

However, the Israelis have the entire Western developed world with the highest standards of living on the planet they can freely travel to. If you want an actually pragamric solution, the more educated and proffosnial group of people, the Israelis, should rationally just get the **** out of a place where no want wants them to the entire Western world. Hell, move all of them here to the US. It would be a boom to our economy. A influx of educated, skilled labor? And the Isealis get to love in a much more stable region and maintain their standard of living.

No one wants the Palestinians. They have no freedom of movement. Unlike the Israelis who can travel freely to Europe and the US, Palestinians can't. They are stuck where they are. Let them have that shitty strip of land. The Israelis can live in high standards of living.

All they have to do is give up their petty fairy tales.

That's the most pragmatic solution in my eyes but that requires the grown up side to grow up and realize that they have better opportunities to be safe, live a high standard of living and not make other countries have to play peacekeeper.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What an idiotic tweet.

A. A lot of Democrats support moving the embassy to Jerusalem. Bill Clinton originally was the one who initiated the move. Ben Cardin (D) came on TV just a minute ago, and essentially endorsed the move as well. I would personally endorse the move as part of a peace deal with Palestine & Israel. Its the context of how it is done that is being criticized by... well anyone who knows the region that isn't an Israel hard liner, an Evangelical, or a Trump fan who will just go along with anything the President does.

B. Pissing off Jordan alone makes this move controversial... not with Liberals but those who care about fighting terrorism as priority A, B, and C. If terrorism is what keeps you up at night (as it is all wingnuts talked about the past 8 years along with b****ing about Obama), then you should care about Jordan, and our other allies in the region and working with them on agreements they will at least not be outraged by. Our allies will still work with us in the region for terrorism, and other issues, but this sure as hell doesn't help the issues we have in the middle east.

Where this move is stupid is that it accomplishes nothing. Done outside of a peace agreement and a state solution, it just inflames tensions, pisses off Muslims, and it gives up the leverage we had in negotiations. The carrot at the end of the stick without any agreement from either side.

This solves NOTHING. Only makes things worse. I'm not "Mad" about the decision, but I think its a dumb one by the "master negotiator". Congratulations... you made a risky foreign policy decision that could lead to war & death, but hey... gotta keep the Evangelicals giving a thumbs up when they take that Rasmussen poll.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it just got cut off.

3. The Pope.
    4. Most of the planet Earth.

dobro1229 likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The UN would consider forcible removal of the Palestinians to be ethnic cleansing and a crime against humanity. I'm sure you don't care. Hate to invoke the Nazis, but your logic is the same as theirs. They wanted to find an empty place on the planet like Madagascar (which of course isn't empty; no place is) to dump all the Jews. It was only later when they decided that was impractical that they settled on the Final Solution. Even the way you talk about Palestinians -- how they are the cause of all the problems, are inherently inclined to violence, and are completely incorrigible, almost as if you were talking about a wild animal -- sounds exactly like a Nazi discussing the scourge of Jews in Germany. Seek help or stop trolling.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

well if you're trying to say that most people are ignorant of their core religious knowledge or hostages to lazy opinions then I would agree, however that shouldn't alter facts or give credibility to false perceptions or beliefs, The fact that evangelicals are against the basic principle of Christianity that was based on the Nasiah creed , the whole point of making Jesus more Greek than a Jew is how the new testament was created ,prove me wrong on that if you can ..

telling half the truth while pushing for narrow political agenda is just plain deception , Jews generally knowledgeable, so far I haven't met a single Jews who thinks sons of Abraham ment to be only Isaac's exclusive given rights/blessing or that they are the only Semitic or for that matter , the only monotheistic

14. Nook

Nook Member

What makes you think that Israel is going to pay a heavy price? Israel doesn't tend to lose these types of battles.

Ask Syria/Jordan and Egypt how attacking or getting involved in a war with Israel turns out.

Very few Israeli's actually die. Israel is currently land locked; so I am sure the idea of land expansion appeals to them.... and make no mistake, if anyone starts killing Israel's or is foolish enough to declare war on Israel, they will lose and they land will be taken.

Israel has very little to lose from this.

The United States potentially can see increased terrorism and the general region will possibly suffer..... but Israel will be fine.

15. Nook

Nook Member

You are smarter than that.

You know damn well the blame for all of this doesn't fall on one side of the fence. The reality is that the Palestinians want the Israeli's gone and the Israeli's want the Palestinians gone. The only way there is going to be peace is a brutal dictator that rules the entire region (like we have seen in the former Yugoslavia or Iraq), or one side is wiped off the map. The Palestinians are not going to defeat Israel, so logically that means genocide against the Palestinians. Syria, Egypt and Jordan are not going to take the refugees and the USA sure as hell are not going to let a bunch of poorly educated hire brand Muslims into the USA.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@tallanvor is correct.

also the "symbolism" of such an unrelated event should not have as much impact as it's having. as if this event worsens the palestinians plight or progress or if not having this event has brought peace closer. it's a lie. anyone saying that peace is now further or in jeopardy is lying because peace was never close or even realistic. it's just an means to voice opposition to this unrelated event. shame on anyone who attempts to make that point as if peace were a real thing that was lost. and shame on those who use this event to justify terrorism, etc...

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You three above, and some others, are acting like the Muslim reaction is an inevitability, and somehow justified. As far as I am concerned, flag burners, puppet burners, people who scream in the streets because of some symbolic act, people who say peace cannot be had because of some symbolic act - they are all in the wrong. Simple as that. They are trying to get their way by violence and intimidation. It has nothing to do with where the capital is. They want Israel wiped off the map, and Jewish people dead.

There is zero reason to cater to their demands.

As most know, I am very critical of Trump, but he made the right move here.

And it is interesting that the Obama video conveniently completely gets ignored by the leftists.

Exactly.

18. fchowd0311

No he isn't.

19. fchowd0311

I think all Israelis should move here to my state of Massachusetts. They get to live in a safe region with a high standard of living and we as Americans see a boom in high skilled labor.

I suggest this because I think something along these lines is the most pragmatoc soltuin seeing that no one wants the Palestinians. They are stuck where they are. Israelis can venture in and out of Europe and the US as much as they please. They have the entire modern developed world available to them. Palestinians don't.

Let them have that shitty sliver of land.

Everyone wants this price of land because of 2000+ year old fairy tales. None of it is rational on either side.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

I didn't disagree with the move just don't like the timing of it.Should have been done 2 potus's ago.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.