1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Middle East] US embassy in Israel to be moved from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Your discomfort at unpacking the core reasons behind this is noted.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You're not the only one taking notes to remember things.

DonnyMost likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

2nd coming of Jesus, or something like that.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm not upset when my position doesn't line up with trump's and his supporters here...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because they are a US ally.....

Why do we care about any country?

Anyway, I get that some people take the side of the terrorists in the conflict between Israel and the terrorists, but the US generally doesn't. It's just something you'll have to deal with.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Cough Obama

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

This is the equivalent of answering "cuz".

I take this to mean you really cannot justify our support of Israel, as such, cannot justify this decision.

Not an unexpected outcome from this exercise, but at least we finally got there.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was a stupid question with an obvious answer....so you can't complain when you get the obvious answer.

I think the better question is why do you dislike Israel so much that you don't believe they have the right to choose their own capital? Are there other countries that you don't believe should have the right to choose their own capital? How about England? Should we tell them London is no good?

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It was a simple question with a stupid answer, unfortunately.

Not giving a f*** is not the same as disliking. I've not said one word good or bad about Israel in the history of this BBS.

They can do as they please. Doesn't mean I have to put my embassy there.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Why do we care about an ally? Because that's what allies do.

Since you seem to have your sights aimed on a victory by stubborn ad-nauseam, I will extend to you the last word.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Hard to tell who is more stubborn. The person asking "why" or the person answering "cuz".

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your failure to accept the obvious doesn't make the obvious "stupid". Check yourself.

You thinking that out of every US ally, they should treat Israel differently kind of suggests that you dislike them. It would make sense if you were some kind of Alt-Right supremacist that simply hates Jews, but I don't think that's the case so it's weird that you seem to have a personal beef in this situation. You are the one suggesting different actions towards Israel than is the norm. I'm just suggesting that the US do there the same as they do with every other US ally. In fact, not just allies, can you name a country besides Israel that the US has diplomatic relations with that DOESN'T have a US embassy in their capital? This isn't a trick question, a few of them actually exist, but the reason there is no embassy has to do with how absolutely tiny they are, and most of them are small Caribbean islands.

The only countries of any size whatsoever that lack a US embassy in their capital city are North Korea, Iran, and Bhutan due to the lack of diplomatic ties with the US.

You seem to think Israel should join that list. IMO that's an opinion that should be justified.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

There is nothing here for me to accept/reject yet, as you've not actually given me an answer to my question.

Yeah, no. Speaking of "stupid", refusing to play favorites in a conflict does not mean you equate Israel to North Korea or Iran.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You failed to follow along yet again. I'm suggesting treating Israel the same as the US does literally every country of any size whatsoever that has diplomatic relations with the US, you are suggesting that treating Israel the same is "playing favorites" suggesting that you think the only way to not "play favorites" is to treat them differently than everyone else. To you, equal treatment is "playing favorites", which is a really odd position to take for someone that "doesn't give a f***".

Since you are the one suggesting that the US act differently towards Israel than they would literally any other country of size that has diplomatic relations with the US, you should justify that. I don't have to justify supporting what is pretty much standard.

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Have the Rockets won any additional titles in this alternate universe you've created where there are no territorial disputes in the Middle East?

Feel free to take another crack at answering the original question of why we should support Israel.

Protip: "Because they're an ally" is not an actual answer

Exiled likes this.
  16. Exiled

Exiled Member

Okeydoke #Booby, maybe you need more help to comprehend the previous Questions..
    Like ..how does this have any affect on your food stamps supplies! health care! etc;

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Has arguing with this dimwit ever lead to any discussion? His problems run much deeper than the ones you're probably just seeing on here. You should know better than to argue with him at this point.

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It's fun to watch him make an ass out of himself from time to time. Don't worry, I don't expect anything worthwhile from Bobby.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a territorial dispute? Between which countries?

Again, you are the person suggesting that something out of the ordinary happen, I'm just suggesting that the US do the same thing they do with everyone else....that honestly requires no justification. If you want the US to treat Israel differently than they treat literally any other country of significant size that has diplomatic ties with the US, you need to justify that.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are the one making an ass out of yourself.

Exactly.

DonnyMost is trying to play "gotcha", but really has no leg to stand on and, when given the appropriate response to his childish questions, ignores it. And the only person liking his stupid repetitive questions is Exiled.