1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michigan vs TCU

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FEDEXROCKETS13, Dec 31, 2022.

1. FEDEXROCKETS13

Really enjoyed watching the Bama K-State game while reading yalls input figured I'd create one for Michigan/TCU, some prospects in this game include Q. Johnson, M. Duggan and B. Corum, feel free to enjoy the game here and chat, as always if there's a better thread for this feel free to merge or delete

J.R. likes this.
  2. FEDEXROCKETS13

Sounding like Corum is out, but Edwards sounds intriguing though I don't know much about him

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As mentioned in the other thread by @Buck Turgidson Steve Avila vs Mazi Smith is a good matchup to watch, especially as they're both need positions for the Texans.

Avila is someone I would be interested in with our second round pick, depending on how his stock rises/falls through the draft process.

#3 Two Sandwiches, Dec 31, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  4. FEDEXROCKETS13

Picking up a good center could quite easily vault us a top offensive line definitely would benefit a top pick like Young

5. Two Sandwiches

I think this offensive line is a good center (and arguably one tackle) away from being a top 5-10 line in the league.

Coincidentally, there are some good linemen available in free agency. If I'm the Texans, I draft the top center in the second round and I overpay for Kaleb Mcgary to be our new right tackle. Honestly, I think the offensive line would be top 10 next year with those moves.

6. Buck Turgidson

Are you thinking new RT and move Howard to RG?

They absolutely have to address the C position this offseason, I don't care how.

7. Two Sandwiches

Yeah, I think Howard can be an elite RG.

Mcgary has proven to be a pretty good right tackle. We should have the money.

All that would be left is a center. Possibly the most underrated position in football.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. FEDEXROCKETS13

I was just going to ask this I had Howard as the right tackle but seeing as he asked to be moved to rg to help the interior and did just that I guess u could stick him anywhere and not worry

9. FEDEXROCKETS13

In your opinion what would you look for in a center? I've always thought of the center as probably not the best lineman but definitely needs to be one of if not the smartest

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Footwork and quick hands, physically. Something we can't really judge on TV, but how he makes the pre-snap OL calls at the line. Watch the C for Michigan also, from what I know he's not an athletic freak but is technically very solid.

You can't have a good OL with a bad C, and you can't have a great OL without a good C.

And Mike Morris, the DE/DL for Michigan, is another guy to look at.

Uprising and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. FEDEXROCKETS13

What an ugly play call, pep that you?

Uprising likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Exactly this.

A center needs to be able to set adjustments and sort out protection pre -snap in many systems. Quick twitch type athleticism with great footwork and good hands is a must.

Uprising likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Uprising likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Duggan will be a backup/spot-starter in the NFL for a decade at least.

Hell, Nick Foles won a Super Bowl and Keenum still plays (right?) so who knows what could happen?

Uprising and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. FEDEXROCKETS13

Trade pick this year and tank for Mccarthy in 24 lol jk

16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Wow. Reply removed the TD and next play fumble.

Uprising and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. FEDEXROCKETS13

Sounds like ur typical Texans play sequence so tanking for Mccarthy confirmed

Buck Turgidson and marks0223 like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Haven't been paying attention to him, but Quentin Johnston has been been silent so far. I'm sure they're focusing coverage to him.

Also: I'm not sure how that's not a TD for Michigan. Every replay I've seen says "Touchdown".

19. Buck Turgidson

1st and goal at the 1 inch line and you do a deep handoff that gets bobbled instead of running QB sneak.

Harbaugh gonna Harbaugh.

Uprising likes this.
  20. FEDEXROCKETS13

So in college ur down regardless of being touched by defensive players