1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michelle Beadle when Kenyon Martin says Harden is MVP: NOOOOOOOOO WAY!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Is it really 180 degree turnaround? We weren't a losing team...we made the playoffs...we didn't go from the bottom of the league to the top. We went from the middle of the league to the top. That's not a 180 degree turnaround.

Don't recognize the guy to the left of Rachel Nichols, but I'm glad he highlighted we are a top 10 defense since Jan, and top 15 on the season -- people keep spitting the same false narrative, that the Rockets play no defense. Try watching the games, ESPN.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

"They would win more if he did less"
    "How? That's impossible"

Wtf?

Uh when you chuck 39 ****ing shots & still lose, i think it's time to let your teammates create a little. The Thunder have excellent post players....Kanter can easily average 20 & 11. Adams can easily average 15 & 10.

You don't win by stat padding.

His stats are nice but I'd be much more incline to debate WB's case as the MVP if maybe he averaged 30, 8 & 8 & that team was 3rd in the West.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'll eat it after

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutchfan starts a thread about an individual ESPN employee's opinion of the Rockets.
    Clutchfans discuss blatant sex since image of female included in OP.

Surprise level rockets up to zero. :cool:

hakeem94, Pen15clubber and da_juice like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, at least she admits her bias so it's cool with me.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry but you are wrong and thus negative repped.

A media conspiracy requires some forms of covert agreement.

The agenda against Beard is anything but covert

This is just overt hate us cause they ain't us-ism. It has been LOGGED.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If she wants to openly be that level of biased she can give her job to someone else and come post on message boards like the rest of us:rolleyes:

BigShasta and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. BleedsRocketRed

Well, she is from San Antonio so its understandable.

10. BarkleyHater84

Michael Beadle? Never heard of him.

(And before you reply I know the correct name is Michelle... My comment still stands)

11. HookemHorns1250

However if you're going to be hosting the pre game talk show on ESPN, have a little self respect to not be 100 percent biased when speaking.

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

she's been ******** on Harden ever since she saw that Haren defense video on youtube. btw she's also a Spurs fan and has a vote in MVP. YOu can be sure she'll never vote for Harden.

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Not going to lie I'm completely done with the MVP discussion this year. Who cares?

I'm super proud of this team and people can't help but admit we've wildly exceeded expectations. Playoffs are what I care about. Who cares about an objective award compared to that?

napalm06 likes this.
  14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Michelle Dung Beadle and her fellow ESPN stenchmen don't have enough clout to successfully push the "Kawhi for MVP" agenda.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Two tired arguments I can't deal with anymore:

1. "He has no help!" If that was truly the case then why did they all pick OKC ahead of the Rockets preseason? Why did they all bash our supporting cast of Bev, Ariza, Gordon, and Anderson before a single game was played. Clearly one person has elevated his teammates more than the other.

2. "Before we even begin this argument, let's all acknowledge Lebron is the best player in the league." No. I won't acknowledge it. Lebron has been fairly assessed since Durant wrested the Greatest Player in the League designation from him back in 2013-2014. People can b**** about Curry winning it twice in a row if they want, but the fact remains that Lebron's team performance has been less and less solely on his shoulders as it has been the FOUR perennial all-stars he has surrounded himself with ever since he left Cleveland. The NBA MVP is a young man's title, because it goes to the person who puts in the day-to-day grunt work of playing every game, logging the most minutes, having the biggest effect on his team's success. Lebron may have been deprived of an MVP or two in his younger days, but for the past 4 years he has truly not deserved it. This year I truly believe that if you did one-on-one swaps of Lebron for Harden, WB, or Durant, and assumed an equivalent level of compatible talent around him in each swap, that Durant/WB/Harden's teams would do worse with Lebron on it. Why? Simply put, Lebron is 32 now. He's four days younger than me, and in NBA terms that means he just can't afford to sacrifice his body the way people in their mid-20's can. It's a stupid argument and it needs to stop.

seeingred, Deuce, slothy420 and 9 others like this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I can't believe she has a vote.

I don't care that she hates harden or the rockets but she shouldn't have a vote imo because she really doesn't have the credientials.

If she was the Spurs tv person than yes give her a vote because bill worrell has a vote but not somone that works for espn.

She's the worst tho I can't stand her. She old and haggard looking and she is so annoying.

I hope her Spurs lose in the first round, Which could happen. KL hasn't exactly lit it up in the playoffs the past two season.

DonKnock, Pen15clubber and mario_v like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry dude . . . neg rep doesn't even EXIST!!

[​IMG]

hakeem94, DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It does.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why the hell do you care what she says? She is super unqualified as an announcer, she got the job because of her looks, and basically doesn't know squat about basketball - so who cares what she says?

We need to stop being such special snowflakes about what other people say.

DD

napalm06 likes this.
  20. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I'm tempted to start flagging posts in this thread, but there are so many egregious, chauvinistic, disgusting comments being made that I'd be here all night. I think the thread may be better off being shut down. Being on the internet is not an excuse to be a gross person.

ElDobleK, KlutchQT and Jayzers_100 like this.