1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Wilbon spits hot fire about Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 16, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Who knows but you can see piss poor effort that was given during that game before the comeback. Now that piss poor effort is our squad. Sad isn't it.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have said from the beginning that this team has major chemistry issues but the resident CF delusional with zero basketball knowledge stays that way

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

RV6
    I absolutely agree with you but we all have admit that JB is woefully unqualified to fix this mess. He is like a two year old in the deep end of the pool.

4. eqsharp

eqsharp Member

At the source of all of the Rockets' discontentment is....James Harden.

I'm amazed that so many people think the Rockets can just blow things up and rebuild around him expecting different results. I'm sure he's a good guy, but as a player he's a weak leader, mediocre defender, and isolation offensive player.

Trying to build on that is like building a house with a foundation of duck tape.

2 people like this.
  5. rockets13champs

Atleast mavs r worse

6. a time to chill

Would you rather they trade Harden and become a lottery team? Harden is not a strong leader, so the Rockets will need to bring in a good head coach to give this team some direction. I understand the frustration with Harden but getting rid of him is not the answer.

1 person likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

At this point, there's only a slight probability imo that we could find another star player who can co-exist with Harden on the court where they can play off each other's game taking the level of play to the next level. That player may be Kevin Durant. But, there's no way he's coming here next season unless they really do have a special bromance going on. As far as I know, Durant's bromance is with Westbrook. It's a tough sell by anyone in the Rocket's organization at this point that coming here to play with Harden will end up in a successful run to the championship. That sh_t may have worked back when we lured Dwight in...but that pipe dream is now clearly up in smoke.

The problem is and always will be Harden's game is about him controlling the ball. He's not a true PG but he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's not a "coming off the screen" shooter like Curry and, even if he were, the Rockets suck at setting screens. Beverley is obviously not the counterpart guard to Harden's game because Beverley has no offense most of the time. And, the benefit he brings on defense is no longer enough to warrant keeping him imo. Bev was a better player two and three seasons ago because his game was more consistent. It's like Bev and Brew got their contracts...and their offenses went to the Bermuda triangle. It's a damn travesty.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dwight should have been dealt at the deadline. His body language and play since the deadline has been atrocious and its obvious him and James do not mesh well. Now he's going to just walk for free.

1 person likes this.
  9. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

I agree 100%. I haven't watch the game yet, but just reading about the aftermath proves Your point.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Given the lack of professionalism on display from this organization at the moment, and most obviously its players, how can we truly show up to games 3 & 4. (Yes, I don't live in Houston, so the point is moot for me.) But seriously, at some point even diehard fans quit putting their money down until they see a more professional effort.

I suffered through Allen Leavell teams that were pretty bad, but there was sincere effort, and none of this "oh we hate each other, so not gonna try" stuff.

The coaching staff needs to put five guys on the floor who will work together, not bicker openly, and work their assess off. I don't care who those five are at this point; we clearly can't match up with the best team in the league.

Good Wilbon column. This team is really an embarrassment to my home city, Houston.

11. dmoneybangbang

Most basketball teams have chemistry issues as bball is a game that requires a bit of chemistry. I think the hope was that winning and professionalism would overcome our issues.

12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

This isnt on Harden, this is on Dwight. Dwight needs to know hos god damn role, his not a superstar anymore, he isnt even a star right now. A star can hit free throws, and make a 10 footer, at least hit open layups. This guy is a fraud, just incredible athletiscm that he relied on all his career instead of actually working on his game. Now he is losing his athleticism and is becoming useless... Why is it Hardens fault that Dwight is a unreliable post player that is constantly asking for the ball when he clearly doesnt deserve to have the ball. Its simple basketball logic, if you can actually do something with the ball, it will find you (ask Durant, Steph curry, Lamarcus) if the ball isnt finding tou maybe there is a reason its not coming to you Dwight. Wake tf up!

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, I think he does. :( #babymamapursuit

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I was totally in favor of getting Dwight, and he played some good basketball the first two years in Houston. But it is obvious he has totally checked out and is just mailing it in at this point. And as the defensive anchor and the guy clogging the paint on offense, if he is not moving, hustling, defending, setting picks the way he should be, it bogs down the entire team. These are things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but it is obvious watching the game.

There were about ten 50/50 balls that Dwight either didn't get to in time or let slip through his fingers. One play here or there, it can happen to anybody. But it happened over and over with Dwight yesterday, and losing 10 or so possessions that way is a big deal against a team like the Warriors, especially when the team is already shooting poorly.

This shouldn't be surprising, this is exactly what happened with Dwight before he left Orlando and LA. It's exactly the same thing that happened with T-Mac at the end of his time in Orlando and Houston too.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So true, so why not bench him....say he has a muscle pull - just roll with the guys you want here next year.

Screw it.....he is outta here anyway.

So many people blasted those of us talking about a lack of chemistry and you could see it on the court in body language and the way Harden and Howard were acting towards each other.....but folks were like...you are crazy...then Fran said it...he is crazy....now ESPN is saying it, Watkins is saying it....well guess what....it was TRUE all along.

DD

16. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is pretty classic:

Just trying to stir those tensions. Reminds me of the type of gamesmanship that Phil Jackson, Michael Jordan or Scottie Pippen would engage in. Nothing overtly wrong, just trying to make a bad opponents' situation worse.

17. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Chemistry off court is one thing, but true professionals would overcome that and put all effort into playing the game of basketball as a TEAM.

Winning does help with chemistry, but not this year. This team lacks trust. It has been a broken team since the pre-season games and duck tape isn't enough to hold it together. Coach can yell all he wants, tinker with rotations, starting lineups, but it still falls apart.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Season can't end soon enough.

19. BackdoorHarden

We have them where we want them.

Remember the Clippers series and everyone counted us out? How soon you people forget

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

L o L