1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Vick is the best player in the NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by NYKRule, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I guess I would rank them

1. Owens
    2. Moss
    3. Vick
    4. McNabb

2. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Bingo. Very rare to see someone with that kind of physique and strength to go along with not all world, but great speed.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm not saying he's gonna perform anywhere near TO's level, but I think Roy Williams could be in that class, athletically speaking.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My god, this guy is just like McNabb was his 2nd year. Develope those WR's and its lights out. Vick is by far the NFL's most talented player.

5. Timing

Timing Member

Damn that was one of the best runs I think I've ever seen. Especially when you consider it was in overtime and he'd already been running around for 60 minutes. I think Marshall Faulk is the best player in the NFL but Vick is easily the most talented. I want to see what Vick does if they make the playoffs. That's where you really make your name as a QB.

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Additionally, he's actually very fast, not just for a big guy...He's gotten faster, strange as it sounds. He has great straight speed, great lateral quickness, great stop and start speed, and excellent adjustment speed...and to do any of the last 2 at his size in unbelievable.

And, drapg, while his fanatical workout regimen has definitely improved his strength, he came in with remarkable God-given strength/speed/size capabilities...and got the work ethic from watching Rice every day.

Either way, the combination is lethal...he routinely makes the 1st defender miss if he has a chance to see him, and then often stiff arms the second and runs away from the 3rd...The guy is something to watch. Rice is the best wr ever, but there are many in football already calling Owens the most gifted wr ever. And his height and size makes him almost a gimmie on corner fades when the Niners are in the red zone...

gr-8...Moss probably has better straight ahead speed, although since Owens improvements it isn't' a sure thing, but his other kinds of speed are probably equal or less than Owens. But the biggest difference is in the way their size is used...Both move like big cats out there, but whereas Moss is like a cheetah; lithe and fast but not that powerful, Owens is like a tiger..incredibly powerful as well as fast and quick. Watch him play sometime...it's something to see a man that big and strong move over the filed like he does...

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Before we start mentioning him in the same breath as Elway and Jordan, lets see him play at this level over the next 10 years and win a few Super Bowls.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Normally I would agree that an accurate passer is far more important, but time and time again I've seen that 10-20 yard scramble key 2 minute drives for guys like McNair, Young, and McNabb. If everyone is covered they just take off and get the first down without too much trouble. They make it look easy. So I think that scramble ability is huge. Just look at the titans audible to get 2 points this week. If they tried to pass that ball in it would have been hell. Vick's speed should get him 2 or three extra wins each year in comebacks.

But then you look at the flip side with a guy like Troy Aikman who didn't need comebacks or scrambling. He just flat out threw the ball on a line. If carr can do that he might be seeing Vick in the Superbowl. If Vick can't throw accurately on third down he's going to have problems.

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Michael Vick is a stud.

No offense to David Carr but Vick does not have a great team around him either. But with his combination of spped and arm strength he totally dominates games.

Only other person I rrecall being that much of a force was a young Randall Cunningham. Hopefully Vick can keep it up and become the next big thing. He is amazing!

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The day that Vick wins a Superbowl, takes home three MVP titles, and wins playoff games in sub freezing temperatures, then you can call him the best player in the NFL...

11. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Michael Vick is the most talented player in the NFL I dont dispute that however, as best-right now I say Rich Gannon is playing as well as ANYONE in the league, Vick included.

I see Vick in the SB in a few years though, the guy is a freak.

12. Buck Turgidson

Some guy named Priest Holmes is on pace to have quite possibly the best offensive season in NFL history: 2600 yards from scrimmage and 30 td's.

Some other guy named Gannon is on pace to set the NFL record for passing yards in a season.

Vick is a special player, and barring injury can be one of the all-time greats. Let's go easy on the hyperbole until he proves it, though.

13. haven

haven Member

It'll also be interesting to see how Vick plays once he loses a touch of the athleticism. He's already at his peak, physically speaking... only downhill from there.

If he never learns how to throw accurately, he's going to have a bright but brief career. He has a cannon for an arm - the perception that he's a RB who throws is inaccurate. But he has to develop his passing skills far more than they are right now.

14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Defensive talent dilution because of the Texans.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Maybe that's why Vick is playing so well, then.

16. gr8-1

Oh, no no. That only works if your favorite player isn't included. The talent dilution benefits everyone except for Vick.

17. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

It's a part of the reason in Vick's case. Most of it is the fact that hardly anyone can run with him.

18. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Or maybe just 2 damn good players.

19. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I guess Kliff Kingsbury and Quentin Griffin are 2 damn good players.

Just think about that for a minute.

20. gr8-1

So, basically you're saying Preist Holmes sucks?