1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Jackson or Prince?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Aug 5, 2009.

?

Mike or Prince?

1. Michael Jackson

64.5%
  2. Prince

35.5%
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

better poll

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm going to go crazy...

Its already happend. :eek:

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Prince dated chicks. Prince FTW.

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

I remember how popular they were when I was a kid, and thinking how effeminate they both looked. I couldn't see how girls found them attractive, or why it would do any good anyway considering they didn't look like the type of guys who would date girls. I thought Michael looked like a Michelle and Prince looked like a Princess. (Apparently the latter did do stuff with chicks though - he was just artistic and short with a high voice.)

6. Southern Select

That's like Mozart vs. Pearl Jam

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I see your "dated chicks" and raise you a "Dated Brooke Shields", sir. :eek:

[​IMG]

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Seeing that this is subjective - MJ has massive talent - Prince wins in my book.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I voted Prince mainly because he had the bigger catalog - granted he has released some dog albums since leaving Warners and going by the symbol but he still has more great albums than MJ. Plus his music, IMO, was a lot more diverse than MJ's and Prince is a kickass guitar player. I don't think MJ even played an instrument other than piano.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

fixtit

11. Prince

Prince Member

12. worzel gummidge

Prince wrote Manic Monday and is said to have dated Susanna Hoffs in her prime.

Susanna Hoffs > Brooke Shields

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Prince also got to "tap that ass" (using another current thread in the hangout) on Vanity and Sheena Easton. :eek:

MJ wishes he could get a phone number from those 2 instead of fake numbers (that reference is for you, rocketsjudoka!).

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Kind of different music. I love MJ, but come on- Prince has a song called 'P*ssy Control'. You gotta be a G if you're singing about that.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

as far as catalogs.. and greater quantity of great albums.. that's questionable.. as MJ started his musical career much earlier than Prince.. as is considering Prince's music to be more diverse.. seeing how MJ throughout his career pretty much covered every major musical genre in american history.. even passing fads such as "disco".. quite successfully.. while visiting such lesser known musical elements as ancestral, african beats and rhythms in a pop setting..

as far as playing a "kickass" guitar.. and attempting to diminish the comparison by stating a lack of playing more than one musical instrument.. we can, in turn, say that Prince didn't quite use his entire voice and body as exceptionally as one.. in contrast..

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

Bring in someone's sex life in order to win an arguement about their musical talents/accomplishmentS??? Weak.

Rocket River
    . . . I guess Wilt Chamberlin was the greatest musician of all time!

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

In the battle of the dancing, singing 80s black guys, I chose Prince and his little red corvette.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Prince, from a guitarist pov.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well played, sirs. :( And anyone who gets even CLOSE to Apollonia is TOPS in my book. :eek: May I change my vote, gentlemen? May I?

20. Southern Select

Prince had disco records out in starting 1978. But then he didn't just cover genres, he created his own. He does it all, there is nobody more diverse. And he is still going strong. He is James Brown, George Clinton, Sly Stone, Jimi Hendrix and Al Green all in one. To me, this is no contest.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx3UvdYqwUk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx3UvdYqwUk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLmZKsWRL9E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLmZKsWRL9E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>