1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Cohen to testify publicly on Capitol Hill - 2/27

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Feb 20, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade and ghettocheeze like this.
  2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

GOP relentlessly keeps grilling the tax fraud former lawyer of a tax fraud client. :D

B-Bob likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Deep state black hats lying in wait. :rolleyes:

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You might think "nothing will happen to Trump" but the truth is this exposure is undermining his power within the Republican Party. There are Republicans who hate his erosion of the dignity of The Office and the perversion of historical GOP planks like smaller government and lower deficits. They've mostly been held in check by the power of the President to oppose them in primaries and the threat to the overall party influence if they lose more on the national level in the next election. But now the dumpster fire that is Trump business and political history is on full display.

He can expect more pushback and less support now from within the Party ranks. For the bold candidate, and it could be Romney, restoring Republican values and dignity becomes a very strong argument. Presenting the prospect of a President under constant legal pressure and the taint of scandal could return sanity to the party and help restore the nation.

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

I don't expect him to be removed from office, I'm saying he should be investigated and the Democrats should do everything in their power to try to hold him accountable. The poster I replied to is essentially saying the Democrats shouldn't even bother trying and should just focus on winning in 2020, which is trash logic. The Democrats should be (and are) doing both.

6. Dubious

And, we are at the point that decisions will need to be made: ride this plane crash all the way down or bail out now.

7. NewRoxFan

My gosh... someone is ranting about Democrats and MS13 at the border.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We're a nation of laws unless it's about Trump, then he can do whatever the hell he wants because his supporters are in fact deplorables. Yes, true.

9. Dubious

There are going to be State charges in New York

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

I don't like Hillary Clinton but comparing her to Trump is just an attempt at muddying the waters to try to normalize how terrible Trump is. Hillary is shady and might have some skeletons in her closet (even though the Republicans investigated her for years and came up with nothing except OMG emails!) while Trump clearly has skeletons stacked up in every room of his house. But by all means, keep pushing your both sides are the same nonsense, it's amusing if nothing else.

11. Dubious

It's going to have election consequences. Every Democrat can run against the Swamp. More and more the Democratic platform moves left while the 1%'s astroturfing of working Americans becomes evident.

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Roy brought so much shame upon Texas in such short time. :(

DaDakota likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

15. dmoneybangbang

Absolutely not. This is about the independents who will decide 2020. Let’s make sure there’s no doubt about Trump’s corruption if he makes it to 2020.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Remember, the rules are for you, not for them.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I fully expect him to be there in 2020, there is no hard physical evidence that shows he colluded like video or phone recordings, it is all witnesses like Cohen or maybe Stone, all he needs to do is say they are all liars and the GOP senate will back him. I am not even sure video evidence will get enough vote in senate to kick him out.

If Nixon had today's congress, he might have survived, the GOP of today is LOL when it comes to integrity.

#197 pirc1, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    ghettocheeze, Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

No hard evidence? I mean, Cohen’s testimony (not from today) was corrobated with evidence of communications seized by law enforcement for example.

It would be very incorrect to say there’s no hard evidence because they have their communication and financial records.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What I mean is not collusion between the campaign and Russia, but Trump himself colluded. I am pretty sure there are hard evidence the people inside the campaign colluded.