1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right that I am excited about him but I clarified myself already.

He has the same offensive potential. Harden is the more refined player.

Beasley never got his chance, or he never successfully convert his chance to become a great player to anything real.

That was a compliment and not a statement.

You just predict that I am dead serious about every sentence I write...?

I also think TMac could be as good as Kobe, but he wasn't.

Offensively Beasley is close to Harden, believe it or not. I am only sure about that.

(IMO he is about as good as Harden offensively, that does not mean it is the truth....in my own world he is OK? Got it?) I do not have to justify that.

Beasley does not have the mileage of a Harden, he is fresh to go.

He does not have to take a team on his back, he can score at will and does not have to worry about fans b****ing about his defense.

His job is to score like Harden without heavy responsibility, scrutiny and so on

2. koby1868

koby1868 Member

You can't be serious? GTFO if you are.

3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

You should either quit basketball because you dont understand anything about the sport with that comparison, or you should go to a therapist because it seems you hate harden so much its leading you to insanity.
    Either way its clear your understanding of the game is 0. Man this board has a post like this in every thread, Houston we got a problem...

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Welp. Can't argue with that. Fair enough.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like his scoring and rebounding, but how many assists has he made since joining us? He seems like a black hole to me.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who cares that he doesn't really pass? We're fighting for that coveted 8th spot and he's arguably our 2nd best offensive weapon on this team. Shoot away B-Easy.

7. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Yeah I don't get the clamor for him to get more assists...

That was actually the issue last season with Beas. He was somewhat overpassive from his normal self and sucked on offense basically, which was unusual. He tried to much to be a team player, you simply can't be someone you ain't trying too hard.

This season, some of those points he's been scoring.............are actually coming off great dishes from others esp Harden. And of all those shots he's attempting - he's wide open or in a groove or is in his hotspot for those shots, why pass it? It's not like he's shooting 20% atm either....and I think I rather see those attempts than a brick 3 from Terry or whoever. I'm not saying he has perfect decision-making so far, but you can't hate the guy for not having assist numbers you'd like since a.) He's been on fire b.) The guy he's passing to actually needs to make the shot and not brick it c.) He's not Steve Nash lmao

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is there no video of Beasley passing? ;)

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's definitely a black hole, but that's his job, no? For the minimum salary, if he can give a fairly consistent and efficient ~15 points per game, that's awesome. His defense hasn't been all that bad, either.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has done very well with his creativity, rebounding which we desperately needed, but defenses can and will force him to give up the ball. I wonder how he will react to tougher situations.

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If he can continue creating for himself and hitting his shots feed him the ball. Our offense is to predictable. Let's team treat him like a threat or all star to pull defense and help guys get open

My harden/Kj/Beasley/Dmo/Howard line up went pretty damn hard on 2k last night

12. rocketshopeful

I laughed at the idea of Beasley being Durant bate when it was first brought up.

Now that Beasely is playing well, I am wondering if I dismissed the idea a little too early.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Beasley has been too efficient for people to be complaining about him not passing enough. A lot of his shots have come in the flow of offense and a lot of his shots have been high percentage shots for him. Like I said earlier in this thread, Beasley at least makes this current team interesting to watch again. I had stop watching them much recently and now it's interesting to watch to see how Beasley plays and to see him hopefully get his career back on track.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Where does this "black hole" stuff come from? I think that comes from his highlights, I suppose. He passes just fine. He passes as much as the role players.

He is certainly not a ball-stopper. OUr offense actually runs smoother with him in there. I don't think Houston fans are used to seeing a scoring PF again.

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Keep increasing his minutes till his percentages start to drop. Him & KJ need to keep all of Brewers minutes.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He does have very few assists but yeah as the 6th man I don't mind him being an efficient scorer. The Rockets are as good with him on the court as with him off, but what that really means is that they can afford to sit Harden or Ariza and play Beasley and not have any drop off in production.

But, let's just be clear here - the Rockets are immeasurably worse on defense with Beasley playing. They are -18 in D Rtg with him on the court. By any metric, Beasley is a catastrophe on defense. All enthusiasm needs to be tempered by his horrendous defense. Part of it looks systematic - where to be, when to switch... But he's also undersized and not terrible smart on the defensive end.

So - if teams like Atlanta can rack up the points faster than Beasley can we are going to lose - the fact that he scored 30 and was a -11 should tell you how bad his defense is. Despite his lack of assists, the offense is fine with him on the court. That's kind of a non-issue.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good analysis. Please post more.

Thing is with Beas' offense, even if his jumper regresses some, he is doing a great job of FINISHING at the basket on drives and on passes from his teammates. I doubt that will regress. He hits his FTs. These are things that will hold up over time. Rockets need that production.

No question Beas is in a groove, but when he eventually cools down a bit, I will be interested to see how he adjusts. And if it effects his defensive intensity as well. But if he has matured as Morey/Rockets believe, then he will over come it.

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Calling it now Beasly drops 35 points 7rebounds vs thunder is bickerstaff plays him significant minutes.

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Seriously, people are nitpicking. Point gaurds need to worry about getting assists. Powerfowards like Beasly need to just get buckets!!!!

20. houtown

houtown Member

This is what makes Morey a top top general manager, getting the Beverley, and the Dragic, which possibly no one saw any potential, and turning them into excellent role players for the time being at the time. I possibly give him kudos for that, if only if did not overlook coaching for the team.