1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like what he's doing but probably won't keep up this shooting % on long 2s

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Sweet Lou you can't say the Best PF we have out loud brother. You have to whisper it around these parts.

I agree with everything you stated here.

3. opticon

opticon Member

1 person likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are referring to Beastley, I would stick with him as a tweener.

He isn't a traditional PF and won't probably be a lock as a PF on a serious contender (GSW, Spurs range)

We need serious talent depth at PF.

Beasley fills the spot for now and I like it.

We need more consistent rebounding, height, blocking from that spot. And 3pt shooting would be nice.;)

5. Nook

Nook Member

Beasley isn't a tweener in 2016. If Draymond Green can guard 4's, so can Beasley.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Yeah, not like he's facing Anthony Mason or Antoine Carr out there these days. Haha

7. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

OK this guy is seriously good. Give enough playing time and see him average 20-10 or 20-9 with 48/32/80 split. Solid D as well. A perfect stretch 4 that we were looking for all along.

8. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7kWEsrSwSQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X4abQIUYEqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Two games ago I would have agreed with you. But now, I think he has a pretty good chance at doing just that.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not matter that I call him tweener. just a name

He can surely play well at 4 for all I care

The point is still stacking up talent at the 4

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just my opinion, Beasley needs more shots. He needs to wear that mid-range shot out. Shoot it like he never has before. Every game. He should have had 20 shots in that 26 minutes. His mid-range has been gravy every game.

12. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OJixT7F-Vog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

still think of this everytime i hear beasley

13. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I wonder how much of the Beasley signing was entirely a Morey decision vs any kind of influence from JBB. Never realized the connection until recently watching some old highlights from Beasley's time in Minny. I kept seeing JBB's mug on the T-Wolves bench. Im assuming he was an assistant for them back then.

Come to think of it, that could explain his tendency to give Brewer a longer leash & more PT than a guy like KJ too. There's that familiarity & loyalty at play, that can provide comfort in knowing what that player can/will give you vs an unknown, aka the "safe" play.

I'm ecstatic with what Beasley has brought to the table so far & hope he can keep it up. It seemed like a completely out of left-field move to me at the time & I didn't see it pushing the needle at all, but I'm glad I was wrong.

14. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Funny thing is, before this smallball trend, the criticism often for Beasley was he was a tweener - too slow to play SF, too small to play PF. But clearly, his game is much more fitted for the trend of today's game. Heck he even plays 5 at times dating back to his last Heat stint. I always thought he was best playing 4, but it doesn't matter whether he's 3/4/5, as long as he keeps producing at a respectable rate, we'll take it.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

LOL he must have realized how great he has it here.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good point about the small ball trend. The combo-forward position is much more en vogue now and that fits Beasley's game. Love what I am seeing so far on both ends of the court.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Wouldn't that basically mean he's LaMarcus Aldridge? You're saying you think we got the second coming of Aldridge from China mid-season? Hope so!!!!

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not at 15-16 points a game. He is what Dmo and Terrence Jones were supposed to be and what Josh Smith used to be. A consistent scoring option at the 4. He will have bad days but so far in between that you barely notice. Can't say the same for the other three.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Beasley has shown that he has the common sense to dunk, rebound and make layups if/when his mid range jumper is flat in a game. Something we haven't had all season at that position on a consistent basis.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Someone in the Astros organization needs to send Beasley some Astros swag.