1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

They are nothing alike.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not impressed, too light-skinned.

-- Kobe Bryant

3. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="504" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YoH8sGBfRro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Beasly harden pick n roll is so effective, Beasly needs more than 15 minutes

5. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Just enjoy the performance then.

He will be worse as he gets used to 'Rockets system' .

6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

No need to blame the system in this case, in order to run pnr effectively, the big has to be able to catch, shoot and roll to basket, which Beasley is only big can do all of three. Of course willing to move the big ass around , sometimes some bigs are not willing to do

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

im not sure what exact system the Rockets has to begin with , so that Beasley can fit in?

8. dje243

dje243 Member

So far Beasley has a PER of 30.95 :cool:;)

9. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Hopefully he finally matured to contribute, from the interview, he seems did, he may still explode occasionally, that's okay as long as he can keep right attitude towards the game most of times

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Fools gold. Watched this turd for enough years on the Heat to be fooled by some buckets. You can keep stacking **** on top of ****, but at the end of the day, it's still a big pile of ****.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

This kid makes the game look effortless. So talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKRDCQnUZIM (can someone pls embed)

Look (at the 4:40 sec mark) who's familiar with seeing Beasley "get buckets."

Beasley will be seeing the most time at PF come playoffs.

The attached video is just proof of his skillset. You will never see DMO, T Jones or J-Smith take over a game like B-Easy did/or is capable of.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This is my worry as well. Essentially, Beasley is proving the same boost we got last year when Josh Smith arrived. When Josh returned this season we got a very temporary boost and now we can't even play him. Hopefully Beasley doesn't fizzle out (and start launching misguided 3's).

13. CertifiedTroll

He was fire last game I thought. Then I saw he had -25ish +\- it could just be an anomaly. Then again, his defense could just be that bad.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

We're all offense now anyway so doesn't hurt. He'll be gone next year.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Life isn't static. People change. Maybe's he's matured on and off the court.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still skeptical. But this is a no-risk signing. So let's watch a little longer before we dismiss him or declare him as having "turned the corner."

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Solid production is all we need..... he does not have to turn a corner as a

super duper fancy player that he once was projected to become

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Beasley has indeed matured and continues to gain chemistry with the team, I could seriously see him be in the running for the "6th man of the year" award next season if the overall team plays well. I think the type of game he plays really suits him as a 6th man scorer off the bench. Having him on a "vet minimum deal" would be a nice bonus!

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

If he thinks he can get more than a vet min then he will probably bolt or ask us for a long-term deal. I'm sure that was partly his motivation in playing for the Rockets, where he could pad his stats without worrying about competing for a ring or accountability.

I like the way his offensive game fits next to Harden or off the bench. I dislike his tendency to take the long 2 as well as his sloppy defense. But as the first big off the bench he's not a bad option. Way better than Smoove has been this year.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He won't bolt after this season as they have them under contract for next year. We'll see how it progresses.

More than anything with Beasley, the Rockets just need him to score when Harden is on the bench. The offense just falls off a cliff without Harden so anything to keep the team afloat is huge.

I don't think Beasley is a great "team" player and thus probably wouldn't be used in any "closings lineups" but as a hired gun off the bench he could be lethal and fill a nice niche.

1 person likes this.