1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami locks up 2nd seed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by freeze00up, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Rondo doesn't snap out of his slump the Knicks will win this series.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

OT: I'm acutally kind of happy, LA gets tough road to the Finals, if they make it this year.

1st Round - Portland
    2nd Round - Dallas (very likely)
    Conference Finals - The Spurs or Thunder (maybe the Nuggets)

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The thing about Miami as I thought early on, they are super top heavy, but their bench and team defense would really decide how far they go, they played great to start the season, stumbled a little, but stayed near top of standings.

NOw they are finding themselves and been winning alot of important games. They would struggle more with Celtics than they would the Knicks. Though, I don't know without Kendrick Perkins, he was enforcer and a good presence to have in the lane. But they will have the O'Neals, which is this one thing Miami may not be able to match over a long series. For the Heat, the toughest road is still somewhat going towards Boston, maybe Chicago. They'll beat Orlando, there's no one else in East, except Atlanta and New York. Both, I see being a very short series.

People may think this sounds crazy, but I actually like their chances against the Lakers more so than the Spurs or the Thunder. For the fact, the Lakers actually have to play teams who can legitimately beat them in a series. LeBron and DWade together I think neutralizes Kobe's output. I almost feel the same for Bosh against Gasol. The Lakers often lackadaisical attitude in the regular season and sometimes playoffs, especially on defense. Kobe might can slow D-Wade a bit, sometimes, but they have no one for LeBron. Most of all, they got home court over the Lakers, and can definitely win in LA. While, having the last two games in Miami, is super beneficial.

I think the Spurs (and Thunder) well-rounded rosters, spectacular point guards and very tough front lines would cause the problems with Miami. With the Spurs, the Heat have to win in San Antoino . Dallas might kind of tough for them as well, especially if Caron Butler returns.

4. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Miami is not going to win the championship. It doesn't matter where they finished the regular season.

Well i could be wrong if Lebron is going to play his part, second fiddle.

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Gay I really wanted to see a Miami-New York 1st round.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Really? A regular season game against the Wizards :confused: I guarantee there have been worse moments and in the playoffs too.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

bibby will turn out to be one of the best signings of a support player in the last ten years. all they need that guy to do is hit threes. people saying he was old were crazy. they don't want him to run the offense, they want him to knock down open shots. he's done it at a 38% clip for an entire career

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We'll find out. It's clear the Heat need him to be effective on offense for them to take home the prize. You may end up being right, but I'm not convinced Bibby can hit enough 3s to make up for everything else. For a guy that was cut loose during the season, sign as a FA and become a key player on a championship team would be a good story.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He also needs to tread water on defense, and I don't see him doing well staying in front of Rondo or Rose.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Coincidentally, he also happens to be hitting a career high of 44.1% from 3 point land, while slightly attempting above average in 3 point attempts per game (4.1 per game).

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's probably why the Heat have point guard by committee, Bibby; Mario Chalmers; and even at time Dwyane Wade (if the Heat go big for select plays).

But that is one position that they might be lacking enough to lose any series. Not actually their front line, which is actually pretty decent with LeBron and Bosh (maybe Udonis come in later). They might can get away with average to mediocre center who plays enough defense.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He was our best bench player a few years back... Clutchfans treat former Rockets like crap... wow.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

clutchfans seem to hate on a lot of former players lately. von wafer may have been a low IQ player, but he played his hearts out for us and produced (for the most part).

i find no reason to "hate" on the guy. it's really pathetic.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is this going to be the new haters anthem if the Heat manage to win the title, that LeBron wasn't "the man" doing it? Just so we have you on record, exactly how do you define first and second fiddle, because the Heat have the 3rd best record in basketball with LeBron leading the team in games played, points, assists, steals and being second in rebounds. He is also making 51% of his shots. If that isn't being first fiddle then I don't know what is.

As far as Bibby, he sucks defensively but it's not like their other PG's were keeping people in front of them. Yet the Heat are still one of the leagues better defensive teams. At least Bibby can hit open shots and I think that makes a big difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics or Thunder beat Miami because they have a killer PG and other wing scorers, but I don't think Chicago can beat them in a series because they just have the dominant PG.

15. Landry92

Landry92 Member

If they played philly I wouldve took the 76ers to win in 6 .. But against a team the doesnt play defense and an old point gaurd Rondo might play up to bar

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If there are, I don't know about it.

I don't know anything more embarrassing than showboating (something you shouldn't do anyways, get back on defense...) after a missed dunk, lose your head, run into a teammate who was about to get a put back that could have sealed the game.

I liked him when he was here. But he lost his head several times. Vujacic got in his head, and he argued with RA.

Heck, we weren't his first option when he returned to the NBA. He was going to play for Memphis, but when he failed his physical with them he came to us. That doesn't look good imo.

17. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

2nd fiddle meaning Wade is first fiddle. Meaning Wade gets the ball when the game is on the line like in the 4th quarter.

and yes i can't stand lebron, but he is a very good player. Only he messed up to many times, too many excuses and if he is the MAN (1st fiddle) and wants to be the best, how on earth could he join another elite players team?

The first season was telling for me. Wade got his team in the playoffs and Lebron didn't. Both teams were good enough imo for a first round exit.

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

This was an arugment made as soon as he joined the Heat. He ran away. MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird... they never ran away to play with a start

IDC WHAT LEBRON HAD IN CLEVELAND. He still ran away

so sure, he could go down as a great.... but never ever a great like MJ,Magic,Bird, Kobe.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah, I agree, I was looking forward to the Knicks Heat trying to outgun eachother. Now Celtics is going to ruin it with defense

20. Stepping Razor

:(

I personally hoped that Boston would lock up the 2nd seed.

Miami vs New York would have been a star studded series!!